The current challenge over at AAA challenges is inlaid die cutting.
As is the challenge over at Happy Little Stampers
Hopefully my card counts as clean and simple enough for the challenges, but if not I still had fun. I had a rummage through my dies to find a suitable one and decided upon Sue Wilson's floral striplet. I figured I could inlay the leaves in green. I then realised that the leaves were all in two sections, never mind, I thought I can still do that. I cut out the striplet and the backing plate and stuck them together to inlay the pieces on. Halfway through I realised that I should have cut the backing plate in blue as it wasn't showing up white on white. Never one to admit defeat I decided to inlay all the background, including the teeny weeny tiny bits in between the petals on some of the flowers. After a lot of swearing I managed it (after hunting on the floor and finding one missing bit to Hubby's amusement). I die cut Sue Wilson's camellias and layered them up on the flowers and added a pearl to each to finish. Originally I was going to just mount it on a DL card, but added a couple of layer to make it pop more.
Top tips if you decide to do anything as mad as me.
1. I popped all the pieces out of the die onto my Ken Oliver best craft mat ever as it has a non slip surface and holds all the pieces in the right order.
2. My Pinflair pick up tool was essential to enable me to pick up the tiny pieces and place them down correctly.
3. A quickie glue pen is fab to stick down the tiny pieces.
4. Shut the window before starting....