Monday 18 July 2016

Smile!


Is anyone else in a big puddle of meltedness? Waaaaay too hot here and warmer weather to come tomorrow. This is bad a) because my uniform is thick polycotton which gets very sticky and b) the lock on the window in the bedroom has broken and so won't open. On the bright side I took my "civvies" with me to work and so changed into a thin skirt and t-shirt for the drive home, the fan in the bedroom is pretty quiet and has a timer function and the bunnies seem to be coping well with the heat. Bramble's fully recovered from her dental and is her usual adorable self. 
I called in at one of the supermarkets on the way home to get a few bits, I left a bottle with few mouthfuls of squash on the seat rather than keep it in my handbag when I went in. I downed what was left when I got back in the car 15 minutes later, honestly it was hotter than the coffee I had for breakfast! Totally looking forward to my day off on Wednesday. I think an early night might be on the cards again, I don't do heat well.
Another card that I made yesterday to share with you. The cat is from Katzelkraft and was die cut with a tattered lace pin dot circle die. I figured he looked like he was checking that he still had teeth and googly eyes finished him off perfectly. The sentiment from clearly besotted was stamped on the banner die cut and it was all mounted on a piece of striped paper from a Docrafts pad. We'll just gloss over the slightly wonky happy birthday stamped on the stripe. I hope you can all find a cooling breeze tonight x

9 comments:

  1. Hi there Cara, we have we and dull up here, but supposed to be a heatwave tomorrow... for one day, better not blink and miss it.

    Love your cute card, the cat image is super and love the sentiment, great colours too.
    hope you feel it cooler tonight, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy it hot here too Cara. Great card and love those eyes fantastic idea,

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh brilliant, I've not thought of using googly eyes with the katzelcraft cats and they work beautifully. I can see myself shamelessly pinching that idea.
    I feel realy sorry for the bunnies, they cant peel their fur off and stand under a cool shower but I bet they wish they could!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a comical card Cara. Lovely detail with those dies and the faux stitched edging. I'm envious of your weather because it has rained here most of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe, that sentiment made me laugh! What a fun and cheeky card. Popping in today to follow your blog Cara and to welcome you to the Sweet Stampin' family. So glad to have you joining our happy wee crafting family. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous little card. I also have these Katzelkraft cats but struggle a bit when I'm colouring them, however you have done a brilliant job with this little grey kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely coloring, the first thing I noticed is the googley eyes, fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Cara, love the look on the cats face and the sentiment matches perfectly. Those banner dies are fab too.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant, smile while you still have teeth, would have been perfect for my dad last week. He had to get his plate fixed last week so was talking very funny and looking very gummy and really would have seen the humour there. Wonderful cat and layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x