Sunday 15 October 2017

The Flower Challenge - Reminder - Your Favourite Flower



It's time for our halfway reminder post over at The Flower Challenge and we're celebrating our first birthday with some amazing prizes. Please read our special challenge rules ie include our theme cue card and tell us which prize you would like. We've had a few entries that we've had to disqualify for not following the rules, which really upsets us.
We've asked you to use your favourite flower this month and so I've continued with tree blossoms. I started off with a 6x6 card base. I die cut two consecutive sized Tattered Lace Pin Dot Squares in white card to add some dimension. I then used the Spellbinders Cherry Blossom die set which I've had in my stash for years, so it was good to use it again. I die cut the branches a couple of times and arranged them in the card, snipping them to fit at times. I then cut the smaller flowers multiple times and glued them in place. Once finished I added stickles to the centre of each flower. Originally the main branch ran diagonally from left to right on the card, but when I picked it up to stick it on the card after the stickles had dried, it was the other way round. I decided I preferred it that way!  I die cut the Memory Box Hello three times and layered it up to give more dimension before adding it to the card. I'm claiming that this is another card that looks better in real life, you can see the white colour more clearly and it doesn't look like it has a brown outline to the branches!

21 comments:

  1. Love how you used the branches, snipping them etc. Great also that you can use them either way around. Such a delicate and pretty card. It sure looks beautiful on line so IRL I am sure it would be amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the white on white with the little bit of sparkle. Very pretty. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning Cara, love white on white, beautifully designed card, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card, like the double layer of stitched dies and a lovely die for the image, the touch of glitter looks great.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful White on White card, Cara. The cherry blossom die is so pretty and the stitched border makes a lovely frame. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cara
    Beautiful card. Thank you for reminding me that I bought a cherry blossom die a few weeks ago and haven't used it yet lol!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an elegant card, Cara. I love white on white!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! White on white is so difficult to pull off, but you have done it winningly! The subtle shadows created by the die cuts outline your wonderful design and yet remain soft and elegant! Love it!! sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beauty if ever there was one. You must have had a lot of patience to cut and rearrange the pieces onto your card. The 3d effect works well here too. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! This is gorgeous! I need to check that Challenge Blog out! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning, you do white on white so well and now I am back, I think I might play along too. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so striking, Cara, yet so beautifully serene at the same time. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. white cards are always so very elegant looking...well done mf.amazing texture and interest.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a classy and elegant card here Cara, I love WOW cards anyway but this is awesome mf ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just beautiful - I love white on white cards and this is a gorgeous one!

    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh woops, I'm guilty of not following the rules so I've updated my post!
    This is gorgeous Cara, so classy in the white and the little added sparkle is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely all white design Cara.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous. I so love white on white and the sparkly bits finish it off really nicely xXx

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's a relly beautiful white on white card Cara. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thats so gorgeous! Makes me want to bring mine out to play too! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x