Sunday 4 September 2022

The Flower Challenge #72 - Add Sparkle



September and it definitely seems that the nights are starting to draw in here. Chilly mornings (so not great when the fire alarm goes off first thing at work and you’re stood outside without a cardigan on for 15 minutes until they work out it’s a faulty sensor!). Our new Flower Challenge this month is to “Add Sparkle” to your floral creations.

My challenge card this month decided to mutate into a spooky Halloween card in keeping with the autumnal changes.  I made a background with Craft Artist shimmer sprays (not that the shimmer shows up on the photo of course, it just makes the background look lighter than it is, the second photo shows a more accurate colour). I used the Sizzix Filigree Border die, then it went a bit creepy when I added some Platinum dust distress glitter to the centre of the flowers, giving me Little Shop of Horror vibes. 

In my defence, I hadn’t intended to use that glitter, but I am currently battling an invasion of small mammals with long tails that have taken over the row of houses where I live. Shudder. I can safely say that they’re not as cute as the ones on stamps drawn by Ellen Jareckie and they stink! I’ve therefore been decluttering and boxing up lots of my craft stuff to speed up their eviction and now can’t find anything. That said, the creepy vibes gave me an excuse to use my lovely Tim Holtz Bold Text Halloween dies that had just arrived, so at least I could find them!   

As ever, I can’t wait to see your creations this month, don’t forget to check out our rules and my teamies and our fab guest DT’s stunning creations.

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful sparkly card! Love the glitter in the flower centers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Cara, I'm so sorry about your stinky and unwanted visitors. It's definitely a difficult time for you but still you made a fab card. Being that I love Halloween, I appreciate your "Shop of Horrors" attribution and the Boo sentiment lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your infestation, Cara. I can see the Audrey in your flowers and that colorful sprayed background is beautiful and not spooky at all. To me at least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The glitter on this card is so pretty and I'd never have thought to use flowers for a Halloween card, but it works! So sorry you're dealing with those long-tailed invaders and I sure hope it gets resolved soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab spooky card Cara, love your gorgeous background.
    Sorry to hear about your 4 legged friends, we had them a few years back and it's no fun whatsoever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x