Saturday 18 March 2017

Sweet Stampin' - Mother's Day / Special Lady


Happy Saturday! It's time for a new challenge at Sweet Stampin', and as it's Mother's Day in the UK next week (26th March) our theme is Mother's Day or for a Special Lady. Don't forget to include some stamping to bee lili gable for our top 3.
I used stamps by Polkadoodles for my card this week, from the Stamp Soup and Stamp ME sets. I stamped a load of the flower building elements with versafine on Sheena's stamping card and coloured them with my zig real colour pens and a waterbrush, before fussy cutting them and adding a black marker round the edges to hide the cut white edge.
On a 6x6 card blank I stamped some stems, curving the stamps a little on the acrylic block and coloured them in. I then built up my flowers and leaves on the stems. I stamped the beautiful from the stamp soup set in the bottom left corner and found a Mother's Day sentiment from Clearly Besotted to stamp in the top right corner. Of course, I was too lazy to get my MISTI out and messed up the stamping! Fortunately, the Stamp Me set contained s large butterfly, so I stamped and cut this out and hid, the mess. It didn't quite cover it all, so I doodled around it a little. There was also a small butterfly in the stamp set so I stamped a couple of them on the card to balance it out. A doodled border and job done!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Cara,
    oh my word this card is so gorgeous, and wonderfully created, and stamped.
    Your colouring is fantastic also.
    I hope this finds you well and free of pain.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super card, lovely colours and great detail, wouldn't have known anything was amiss!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh your colouring on your flowers is absolutely gorgeous Cara! I need to get a move on and get mine made before it ends up being a last minute effort ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely lovely. The colors are so vibrant and the tip you have for covering up the fussy cut edge was pretty nifty. Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job Cara! Love the colouring on those pretty blooms and your fab doodled edge. Lovely CAS design hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x