Thursday 27 July 2017

Be Yourself

I found this Stamping Bella image and sentiment lurking on the bookshelf the other day, I'd previously stamped it and coloured it I think with the Dreamees' blender pen and their dinky inky ink pads and then abandoned it! 
I rummaged about and found this soft yellow gingham paper in my stash (think it may have been Craftwork Cards) which matched perfectly this left over card from Lidl. I simply trimmed down the image and added some faux stitching to fit on a 6x6 card blank. Originally, this wasn't my intended layout, but I kept messing up my measuring of the yellow card and as I had a limited amount, it evolved into this. The yellow either side of the gingham are actually narrow strips as I didn't have a wide enough strip and I was worried that the paper would sag in the middle if I cut it in half to tuck it either side. Yay, for my new paper trimmer cutting fine strips! Quite pleased with this card, It actually turned out better than my original plan!

16 comments:

  1. Oh Cara this is a wow card for me! Love it to bits. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cara, now this is just lovely with a sweet image and gorgeous papers, there is just something about gingham that's so fresh looking, I love the sentiment too, so true, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think gingham is so nice. Cute card. Love the ears on those birds or is that wings on the bunnies? LOL. Very cute. Your faux stitching looks nice. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Cara and I love your use of Lemon, it looks so clean and fresh Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gingham ribbon is perfect and so is this adorable card. What a great stamp and sentiment...Well done on getting the most out of that yellow card x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cara,
    what a very gorgeous card and that stamped image and sentiment is brilliant.
    Love the lemon and white it's so fresh looking.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very cute card indeed! Not only do I applaud the sentiment, but the yellow is just gorgeous. The gingham ribbon sets it off a treat!
    Hugs LLJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww such a sweet card here Cara, love your cute little chicks too.Great colour combo also, loving the pale yellow ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, Cara. I love the fresh colours and the image really made me smile. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Cara, really lovely image and love all the yellow.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute and pretty! I love yellow gingham paper - always looks very clean and fresh.

    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cars
    Love this sentiment and fab image.
    Glad it got unabandoned and we got to see it.
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Cara, this is gorgeous glad you got to put that image on a card because it is really cute and love it with the gingham. I'm sorry I am so far behind with my commenting, its been one of those weeks !
    Hugs, Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That really is the sweetest image. A really pretty card Cara. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha ha ha . . . what a fun card.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Chicks as Bunnies - this is your kind of stamp. I love it, the gingham is amazing. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x