Thursday 18 January 2018

Altenew Christmas Rose

I hope you're all safe and well and not too badly affected by the wintery weather. We've been lucky here, just a few gusts and some sleet and hailstorms. Apologies for the rubbish photo, the light has been dreadful. It is a white card blank really!
So, continuing with my layered stamp theme, I found this Altenew Christmas Rose set lurking, unused in my stash. It was a freebie with a magazine a whole ago, just don't ask me when or which magazine!
I used Altenew's purple ink set for the flowers and two shades of green momento ink for the leaves (again don't ask me which ones!) and black archival for the line art. 
The set does come with matching dies, but once again I was in the mood to sit and fussy cut whilst watching TV. I arranged the flowers in a rough circle on a 6x6 card sticking them in down with foam tape, this allowed me to tuck the leaves in behind them and glue them in place.
I die cut the Lawn Fawn Scripty Happy die three times out of purple card and layered them up to give some strength before gluing them in place. To finish I added some stickles to the centre of the flowers. 

12 comments:

  1. This is really gorgeous Cara, a super wreath, a brilliant make, thought the whole thing was a stamp, love the colours, and your fussy cutting.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find fussy cutting quite relaxing, and with your cold, wild weather, it sounds like a good time to spend creating this gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cara,
    what a very beautiful card and your stamping is gorgeous.
    Love the colour you have used and your fussy cutting is excellently done.
    Love the beautiful wreath design.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cara, your card is quite beautiful, it's a lovely floral image and makes a gorgeous wreath, love the colours too.
    I like fussy cutting too and find it relaxing, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Cara and love your pretty colouring too,awesome ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fussy cutting and such an eye catching laying. Pretty colours too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Cara, the flower looks great used to make the wreath. The result is very pretty :)
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card Cara and the colours are lovely. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Cara and all that fussy cutting! You think I have patience - well this clearly wasn't a quick card either! A really lovely finished project. x Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cara
    Just catching up.
    Beautiful card. I think that I have that stamp set with matching dies......also unused lol!!!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cara this is stunning! I must keep an eye out for that stamp set as it's perfect for non Christmas as well as Christmas. I love how you've created a flower ring and your colouring is exquisite xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x