Saturday 20 January 2018

Sweet Stampin' - Men's Cards

Yay, it's the weekend! I hope you're all cosy and not being bothered too much by the wintery weather. As it's Saturday, it's time for our new challenge over at Sweet Stampin' and this week we want to see cards for men.
I used the dylusion's Diamond in the rough stencil that I bought recently on my 5x7 card base and blended Distress Oxides in Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio and Broken China through it and then spritzed on a little water and let it dry.
I stamped one of the monsters from the new Polkadoodles Little Monsters Funky stamp set in black archival ink and coloured him in with my zigs before fussy cutting him.
I drew in a border around my stencilling - I kind of wish that I'd done the bottom border a bit lower to cover more of the stencilling but hey ho. I glued my monster in place and then rummaged about for a suitable sentiment. I'd recently bought a craft magazine which came with some freebie stamps and I thought their "Hello Handsome" sentiment was perfect as I think this would make a great Valentine's card!
I can't wait to see what you create for the challenge, just remember that you need to include some stamping, which includes digi stamps to be eligible for our top three. Stay warm and keep crafting x

16 comments:

  1. I love this card Cara. It's great fun. Green is my favourite colour and I love your monster. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. He's such a cute monster. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Cara, love the hairy monster he's so cute :)
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cara he's adorable and a super design too.
    Loved the story of your mum's new tooth, typical male thought about it, but good for your mum, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card!! Suitable for monsters of all ages 😃
    LLJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What super fussy cutting and a great background, love the image too, super for boys/men cards, I really need some boys/men images.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable little green monster Cara.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cara,
    as usual you card is excellently created.
    Love your wonderful background, and the cute monster.
    Super drawing around the focal point.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun image, great sentiment and love the background and your doodling. Your card brought a smile to my face...love it x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card with your cheeky monster. Great the way you have framed him and added such an appropriate sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great card Cara - he's a wonderful little monster and not a bit scary but cute! The sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cara, I'm going to have a look at this set he is gorgeous and so is the card. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this Cara, it's a fab card!

    Your comment about beer made me laugh - oh how many beer cards could I have made with actual bottle tops if I'd collected Andy's empties!!

    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cara
    A card to raise a smile. Love it!!!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really, really love this one! Such a fun and fabulous stamp and your background is gorgeous too. Some more Distress ink colours I need lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am head over heels in love with this Monster card (obvs - you=bunnymad, me=monstermad!). I think your border is exactly where it should be, I like the little faded parts of the stencil peeking out from the border. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x