Tuesday 4 September 2018

The Flower Challenge #24 - Anything Goes


Yep, it’s everyone’s favourite over at The Flower Challenge this month as our theme is “Anything Goes”
We're also super excited that we have an amazing new member of our design team and even more exciting we have a fantastic prize for this month's winner.
I might have been very naughty when Stamps by Me were on Create and Craft recently, which resulted in my craft stash pile growing ever larger. I just loved the combination of stamps and large die plate and so picked the "Enjoy the moment" stamp set and co-ordinating die.
I die cut the panel first and then stamped in versamark onto the diecut using my misti and then heat embossed it in white. I then settled down with my polychromos pencils and enjoyed colouring it in. I faffed about for ages deciding on what to put behind the die cut, but eventually decided to use kraft card again and 1mm foam tape to add dimension. I slightly regretted the foam decision when I realised how many fiddly bits there were though! 
I wanted to add a sentiment and so heat embossed the LOTV sentiment on a strip of vellum and then wrapped it round the panel and secured it with red liner tape. I took a 5x7 card bank and trimmed the height down slightly so that there was an even border all the way round the panel, which I glued into place.
As ever the DT will be back halfway through the month with some more inspiration for you, we can't wait to see your creations, but please take note of the following as we hate having to disqualify an otherwise amazing project. 
  • Please don't forget to use your Florals as always and as the MAIN feature on your card.
  • Only 6 other challenges allowed as well as our own.
  • Also please take a few minutes to read our rules in the tab at the top of our blog as you may miss out on winning a prize if you don't follow all the rules.

15 comments:

  1. Wow Cara, this is another super stunning creation, must check out this company as most of my cards are flowery ones, where possible.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Cara! I love that stamp and I’m lucky we don’t have create and craft in this country as I’m sure I would be broke! LOL. Your colouring is beautiful, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cara, a beautiful card and love the colours with the kraft card, have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that die and how you colored the daisies, Cara. This is such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Cara, I love that huge floral die and your gorgeous colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cara this is so beautiful! I saw it over at the challenge and had to come and take a closer look, you've coloured those flowers beautifully too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Cara. I like the wrap around with the vellum. I have loads of it and never think to use it. Tut, tut. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous die cut and what an amazing card. Love the kraft against the beautiful colouring x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card here Cara! loving the pretty pink daisies and the added touch of vellum....sooo beautiful ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply Gorgeous! And now there is another set I need to put on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous card Cara...love how the flowers wind around into the frame and their colour is gorgeous.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh gorgeous card, Cara! LOVE your new goodies, and you've coloured your flowers beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Cara this is so eye catching. LOVE that stamp and die plate and your colouring - perfect. Sorry to be so late commenting, I wish I hadn't come because I really love this and just feel this over whelming desire to go shopping now......

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card and I love the color. So pretty and soft! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your colouring is fabulous, Cara ... such a lovely card ... soft and dreamy and so pretty! Thanks so much for your visit and kind words! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x