So this is the finished poppy birthday card. Mum won't be pleased as it will be a large letter stamp as it's 8x8, and so I added a bit of dimension to it too.
I'd stamped the poppies in archival ink, tried distress ink which although I preferred the vibrancy I preferred the crisp image with archival inks. I'll just have to buy a brighter red than red geranium. I had experimented with adding iridescent medium over the poppies which adds a silver shimmer, but I felt it knocked back the vibrancy of the red even more. I trimmed the image with tattered lace essential rectangles and backed it with red card and the tattered lace pearl rectangles. I matted and layer up the red and white background layers with some 1mm foam tape and added a strip of red ribbon with red liner tape. The sentiment is from lili of the valley and I used spellbinders ovals and scalloped oval nesties and foam tape to add it to the card. A quick bow on the ribbon stuck on with glue gel and job done.