Saturday 24 June 2017

Sweet Stampin' - Many Layers

Saturday at last and to kick off the weekend we have a new challenge over at Sweet Stampin'. This week we want to see "Many Layers". I did giggle when I read this challenge as we've all been taking layers off in the recent heatwave!
My starting point for this card was this wedding cake stamp set from Hunkdory. Lots of layers of cake!
I originally stamped the cake and added the bride and groom and stamped the sentiment under it on a rectangle of white card with the intention of just adding lots of mats and layers behind it. In the stamp set however, there was a bunting stamp which reminded me I had this cute heart string die by Penny Black in my NBUS pile and I could create a background with it. I cut it out of three shades of pink and arranged them on some cream card rather than white, so that the white cake would stand out. I mounted the cream on mats of two shades of the pink (I didn't have enough of the third colour) on a 5x7 card base. I coloured the cake with my zigs and fussy cut it. 
To prevent it floating in the air I put a strip of pink card under it (a bit like a table cloth). I added pearls where they were drawn in on the cake and then added a strip of pearls to integrate them. I stamped the sentiment, masking off the stick at the bottom (it's designed so that it can be an alternative topper on the cake) on white card. I then die cut it and a pink mat using tattered lace decorative labels dies. I added the cake and sentiment to the card using foam tape and popped a little glamour dust on the flowers and bride with a quickie glue pen. Hopefully, you can see the sparkle in the second photo.
I've scheduled this post as for once I'm getting up early on a Saturday as I'm off to Preston for my next round of facet joint injections in my neck. They can sometimes cause a flare up, so my apologies if I'm late visiting you this week x

26 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Cara, I love that yummy looking cake and the sweet little hearts and pearls ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card, Cara! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Cara, the cake looks good enough to eat and I love the heart banners for the background.

    I don't know if the weather has changed where you are today, but after melting in the heat for the few days, today we are putting the layers back on, including a raincoat! British weather, hey! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Certainly lots of layers here with all that bunting. Hope you got on alright with the injections today. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes we may have been taking the layers off but we are certainly putting them back on now, unfortunately, hope that wasn't our Summer.

    Gorgeous card, a super cake and love all the hearts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww that's a gorgeous card Cara, I love all your bunting in the BG!
    We had the layers back on again today, feels like ages since I last had my fleece on! Hope you got on ok today, those injections don't sound like much fun :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute wedding card. I love the pearls you added and the heart dies. Lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cara
    Super wedding card. Love the heart hunting. Do the layers on your cake count too for the challenge lol?
    Hope your injections went well.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card Cara, the bunting is great and love the pearls and sparkle you have added to the cake...so pretty.
    Hugs, Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cara,
    what a very beautiful card and your design is so pretty and wonderful.
    Hope all goes well with your injections.
    Lots of crafty love. jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cara, gorgeous card, I love the wedding cake image and all the wonderful heart bunting, it's all beautifully designed.
    Hope all goes well with your injections, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the layering on your beautiful card. The bunting is so happy and love the additions of the pearls. Great idea to add the tablecloth as a 'ground' and the little bit of bling is always a plus x Hope the injection went well? xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Cara, great image and I love the layered heart banners.
    Hope the injections have helped!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cara, a gorgeous card for the lucky couple, love the bunting criss-crossing in the background. The cake looks stunning with the sparkle on the flowers and the pretty pearls. Hope all went well with your treatment and no flare ups occurred. Have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  15. The heart background looks fabulous and the cake is simply gorgeous
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is one gorgeous card Cara. Loving all the detail. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh Cara what a gorgeous design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sooooooo cute card, Cara! Love the design and the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a gorgeous card Cara and what a great way to interpret the theme. It's very clever! I love the hearts die cuts. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. καλώς σε βρίσκω!
    συγχαρητήρια για τις υπέροχες δημιουργίες σου!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so cute, Cara! Love all those heart banners!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Brilliant card Cara, thanks for telling us how it developed too, you craft like me, start with leaping off point and add to it, well not always but often!!!
    Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  23. BEAUTiful card Cara, what a stunner cake, looks brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hehe, I love the way your brain works! Many layers - layer cake! So cool. Gorgeous creation hun, you totally nailed it! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card Cara. I am loving all the banners criss crossing everywhere, such a fantastic background design for your wedding cake image. I giggled when I read your bit about taking layers off. lol. It's been unseasonably wet and cool here, such a nice change from the usual hot, dry and humid summers we normally get. Enjoying every minute of it. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW!!! I love this, the cake is amazing. I am laughing at the English melting..It was 44c last week here!!! I LOVE it, it's why I live here Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x