Thursday 22 June 2017

You Rock!

Phew! Thank goodness it's cooled down slightly, I was about to spontaneously combust in the heat. It wasn't helped by the fact that our bedroom window no longer opens and so it was 27 degrees in there on Wednesday night. That coupled with the morphine hot sweats meant I was an exhausted puddle until today.
I'm sat watching C&C whilst typing this, blogging is saving me from buying any more Christmas dies, but I do love watching Loen, who is currently dressed as a Christmas pudding!
Right, I shall stop waffling and move on to the fact that I actually made a card today. Albeit, a very simple one. I cut the Sizzix "Card front - Arrows" out of orangey card and glued it on to a 5x7 card blank. I'd previously cut it out of thicker more browny orange card, but I was having issues with it having "hairy bits" even when I scrubbed it with my brush tool thingy. Imanged to de-hair one of the arrows that popped out of it as waste and so I stamped the Paper Smooches sentiment on it and stuck it on the card with foam tape to cover the glue smudge I'd made. All the other elements were from the paper freebie that came with the July edition of Making Cards magazine. I backed them on card before fussy cutting them out and adding them with either glue or foam tape. Simples!


10 comments:

  1. I love this Cara. A really fun card. The little animals are very cut and the broken arrow works really well. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great dies and images and a brilliant design and colour choices.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cara
    Superbly cute. Snap, the hinge has gone on our bedroom window so it opens but then you can't close it without hassle. Thank goodness for a quiet fan.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cara,
    great save with the glue mess,
    fantastic die, would make a great stencil.
    I hear you with the temperature, i'm also very glad it has dropped with a 10°C today, next week some rain is also very welcome for nature,
    have a nice weekend, vicky

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a great card, Cara!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cute card Cara. I'm with you on the heat. My friend and her hubby have been sleeping downstairs most nights but we've not taken to that yet. Have a great weekend and happy cooler crafting(she hopes Lol!)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Cara, love the expressions on the little animals faces :) Thank you for the lovely comments on my blog, hope it has been lovely and cool there today.
    Hugs, Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous fun card Cara, super images and design. Cooler here too, the Bunnies will be glad too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love this, that BG die is fab! Those little hairy bits really bug me too - is a brush tool thingy something I need???? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Card looks totally fab and we may need to do something about the fixation of the hairies ok. Maybe you need to see if theres a better tool think like a epilady thinky hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x