Thursday 10 August 2017

Allsorts Challenge - Colours of Your Flag

Over at Allsorts Challenge they want to see projects based on the colours of our flag, as I'm in the UK, that means red, white and blue. Coincidentally, those colours were also the theme for a monthly card swap I participate in, so I got double value for money with this card!
I started off by stamping Edna at the beach by Stamping Bella and colouring her in with my zig clean colour pens. I masked her off with a post it note and added clouds using the MFT cloud stencil and versamagic chalk inks. I die cut her out with an oval and added some faux stitching round the edge. 
I used a 5x7 card blank and added some blue card and some patterned paper that was in a magazine freebie Christmas paper pad of all things! Using the same blue I added a mat behind the image. I used two of the oval dies to cut a frame in both blue and red. I added then to the card overlapping them and added some die cut hearts to match. I added glossy accents to her glasses and buttons and glitter to her wings.
The card should have been finished at this point, but it was on the table near me whilst I worked on another card... My grip isn't brilliant these days and somehow I managed to drop an inky stamp on it! Fortunately, there was quite a large sentiment included with Edna and so I stamped this on white card, die cut it with an oval, added faux stitching and a mat behind it and covered up the inky mess. I die cut a couple of extra hearts to finish it off. Phew!


16 comments:

  1. Cute card. What a great image. Lovely papers and layout. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for sorting out the dropped stamp problem Cara. Lovely card - not quite bathing weather here, although reasonably warm today.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute image. Love the sparkly wings and the pretty clouds. Great save too x Great vibrant colours and gorgeous layout x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Cara, you always have the most wonderful images, brilliant colouring and design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delightful colored image and super cute design Cara.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's a sassy lady, I love this card Cara. Fabulous colours and just perfect for Summer. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cara,
    yes I too love this card it's so gorgeous, and she sure is a such a lovely lady.
    Your colouring is excellent too.
    Well done on your cover up of your mishap.
    A sign of a true crafter me thinks.
    I too drop things lot these days and at the most awkward times too.
    I have carpel tunnel, and can't feel things prperly.
    Had one hand done, but it wasn't a great success as it was too bad, and was told it might not work.
    So never had the other hand done.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great image and fabulous colouring, great background and design too.
    Thank you for joining our 'Colours of your Flag' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crikey Cara
    And you compare me to a bus lol!
    Fab card. Reminds me of those saucy seaside postcards.
    You wouldn't have suspected the Inky mess lurking below so nice work!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miss Edna is delightful and you made a good save with the inky mess. What inky mess? Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol glad to hear it's not just me drops inky things onto cards ;) This is such a gorgeous card, Edna is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cara, wonderful card love the colours and the image is great :)
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, Cara, the image really made me smile! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cara coloured to perfection, what a stunner this shella is, love her and your card. Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  15. Having just been in Margate, this cutie reminds me of the cheeky postcards I saw down there. Totally forgot about that English tradition. Love the colour scheme you chose here. You are so good at covering 'oops' I just don't bother anymore LOL. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x