Monday 21 August 2017

Are You Sitting Down? I Actually Made Two Christmas Cards!

know, I can hardly believe it myself. My first Christmas card of the year. Two down, lots more to make!
I stamped the cute Penny Black Snowy in black archival ink on white card. My email records show that I bought him in December 2015. I think I had a quick play when I first got him, but since then he's been  languishing on his wooden block on my kitchen window. Poor Snowy. I scribbled my zig clean colour pens on a plate and used a paint brush to loosely colour him in, before fussy cutting him.
On my 6x6 card blank I stamped some snow flakes from a papermania set with versamark and then heat embossed them in clear embossing powder. Using my Rare Earth ink dusters I blended broken glass and wilted violet distress oxides to create a resist effect.
I doodled a border with a fineliner pen and added a die cut sentiment in black card. To finish I added some stickles to his hat and to ground him. Simples!

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this snowy snowman stamp...so cute and so adorable. Gentle and pretty background and so glad you brought 'snowy' out for a play again x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep I am, two brilliant card and using my favourite snowman stamp, gorgeous backgrounds and love the doodles.
    I have now finished all my Christmas cards, in fact I may have too many, no not bragging just relieved.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super snowman stamp, Cara, I'm sure he's relieved you've given him on outing. Great background too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great, Cara. How funny, too, because I just made 3 of these. I made them as tags. Love your doodling and Stickles. Super cute![Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cara, a cute pair of cards, love the little snowman and the scene you created for him, Congratulations on starting you Christmas card stash... I've been a little slack with mine this year... have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is just so cute, beautifully designed cards Cara, lovely colours and love the doodled frame, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this little guy, too, Cara, and he always makes me smile no matter how many times I see him! You showcased and colored him awesomely!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha ha - you must be cursing me and my Christmas card bonanza..I am back now and going to be making Christmas with a vengeance. I love the super cute snowman and that heat embossed backgrounds is lovely. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x