Thursday 22 February 2018

Art Impressions - Doggy Kisses

Thursday already! Usually a good thing, but not when you're on annual leave and go back to work on Monday. Boo hiss! 
I couldn't resist this stamp set, Doggy Kisses from Art Impressions and was lucky to find it for a good price on eBay. I stamped the dog in black archival and coloured him in with zig clean colour pens and polychromos pencils before cutting him out. I stamped the sentiments and paw print from the set and die cut them using Simon Says Stamp Stiched Circles. I also used these to cut out the aperture on a piece of paper from my stash (?Craftwork Cards) which I'd trimmed to fit a 5x7 card. I glued the paper in place and added everything else on 1mm foam tape. This adds a little dimension, but will still post at the standard rate. 
Speaking of recovery, Willow had her final post op check up on Monday and was declared to be doing brilliantly. She's got her onsesie off and is now back outside, having gradually reacclimatised her during the week and providing a regular supply of warm snugglesafes. 
I've been in touch with a local rabbit rescue and on Wednesday she's off to meet a bunny who will hopefully become her new companion. Fingers crossed that they like each other.
Finally, I was trying to get a picture of Willow on my phone to send to a friend who lives "down south" and who loves bunnies even more than I do (yes, unbelievably that is actually possible. Just.). I think I woke her up judging by the stretch and yawn!

9 comments:

  1. Aaaw - what a cute card Cara and I love how you coloured the poor doggie. So perfect as a get well card. I'm glad to hear that Willow is doing well - she looks very comfortable in her little house and I hope the meeting goes well.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute photo of Willow and so glad all is on the mend x What an adorable and cute card...love the sentiment and the fun image x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun card and fabulous colouring. Willow looks cute.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cara, that is one fun card and what a great stamp to use for a get well card. I do hope Willow find a new friend she looks so sweet there having a good yawn. Have a great week end, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card Cara, love the image and a super design.
    Aww, Willow looks marvellous and so pleased she gotten over her wee op.
    Good luck with finding a companion for her, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cara
    I'm laughing at the card as that was Lily and Molly a week ago lol!!!
    Willow is looking in fine fettle and hopefully she will have a new chum soon.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha!! What a brilliant card.

    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha I love the card, that sentiment is awesome. Glad that Willow is doing ok. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha what a fab image and sentiment, great layout too!
    Glad to hear Willow is doing well, she'll be looking her PJs back for this cold weather brrrr x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x