Thank goodness it's Friday, although not so good as I woke up at 2am with terrible toothache. One emergency dental appointment later and I have a numb mouth and a temporary dressing and filling and will need a root canal doing. Well, that's assuming I can find an NHS dentist!
A bit of crafting is always a good distraction and so I rustled up a card for the Butterfly Challenge. I've not managed to play along with this for ages and Mrs A has mixed up the rules a bit, to give lots more scope for entries.
I had another play with the Tattered Lace, Botanical Bliss Collection, this time using the Captivating Catmint die. I die cut the coloured printed sheet that came with the collection as I thought that the colour and small flowers would work well with the butterflies. Once cut I glued it onto a 7x7 card blank.
I stamped a butterfly background stamp from the Rare Earth A4 Flower Backgrounds stamp set on white card in black archival ink. I then coloured them in using my zig clean colour pens in pink and purples before cutting them out. I ran one of the coloured pens round the edges of the butterflies to hide the white cut the edge. I shaped the butterflies with my finger and used glue to secure the centre of them, but tiny bits of 1mm foam tape under the wings to keep the dimension.
The butterfly challenge wanted to see pearls as one of their options and after wondering how to add them, I decided to cover them gold/brown frame part of the image with them. Fortunately, I found the perfect pearls glued in strips rather than individually! I was undecided about adding the pearls to the inner frame, but decided it looked better with the, than without.
I found the sentiment lurking in my stash from about 15 years ago and snipped it down and added it on 1mm foam tape. As the card was finished, I decided that the butterflies needed a little shimmer and so I painted them with Windsor and Newton watercolour iridescent medium. Probably easier to paint it on before I stick them on in future!