Tuesday 20 February 2018

Tattered Lace Lovable Lily of the Valley

A super easy card today. I recently bought a new Tattered Lace release of some floral dies and matching what they call "Charisma CD-Roms" which have coloured images sized for you to cut out with the dies. This particular bundle also included some ready printed sheets of the images. I used one of the sheets and die cut the Lovable Lily of the Valley. I was suprised actually at the quality of the paper, probably about 140gsm. The images have a "bleed" around them so that you have a bit of leeway if your die isn't lined up perfectly.
I embossed a piece of coordinating green card using the centre of a Tonic 8x8 Retro Fern embossing folder. The folder has an embossed frame around it but by placing my card in the centre of the folder I avoided that part. I was lazy as I was crafting on the sofa, so I cut a piece of white card and glued it into the centre of the panel and added the green card cut to size behind it, rather than cutting out the aperture.
On a 7x7 card blank I added a mat of yellow card and a smaller piece of white card on top. I then glued my topper into place. I die cut the sentiment from Paper Crafting World's Sentiments Set 3 twice and glued them together before adding them to the card. To finish I added some stickles to the flowers. Apologies for the dodgy photo again, I promise it's a square with straight lines, honest!

14 comments:

  1. This looks like an enormous amount of work Cara - but worth it. Lovely card! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cara,
    what an excellent card and such a super design.
    I loved those dies when I saw them, but still waiting my debit card to be able to purchase anything on flexi pay.
    Luckily I have found a site on ebay that sells lots of die cut images so I will be purchasing some hopefully, but sadly not the Charisma part.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really stunning Cara, gorgeous colours and love the added touch of the stickles.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful colors and what a lovely Lilly of the Valley design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, Cara. The flowers are stunning and the background you've created is lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous flowers - I like the way you have done the frame

    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a stunning card Cara and it just shouts out ‘Spring’ to me. The colours that you’ve used work so well together and the white background gives your card such a clean look, it’s fabulous. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really beautiful card - just imagine what it would have been like fussy cutting those before we had such intricate dies to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card, Cara! Lily of the Valley is such an elegant flower and works for any card-giving-occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Cara. What would we do without dies! oh no fussy cutting! Beautiful colours too, love it. happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cara, a stunning card so pretty with the die cut with a printed image. Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very pretty and absolutely beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous Cara, I love the beautiful floral dies and your wonderful design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cara
    Very pretty card and love the florals.
    Your photo looks fine to me.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x