Wednesday, 16 January 2019

More from the Aall and Create Workshop

We spend the most of the first day making journals, using an Eileen Hull die and then decorating them with brayers, acrylic paint, stencils, baby wipes, stamps, rub ons, stickers and pens. Lots of layers to build up to the finished result, which I was reasonably happy with. I pushed myself out of my blue/purple comfort zone which I think is why I'm not madly in love with it. It was a great fun day learning though.

Tuesday, 15 January 2019

The Flower Challenge - Pink and Grey Reminder Post

It's time for our reminder post over at The Flower Challenge and we want to see your beautiful pink and grey creations still. Please remember to check out out rules to make sure you're in with a chance of winning.
I used the Altenew Dahlia A & B stencils to create my card. I applied a Dreamees Dinky Inky pink ink with a blending tool through the first stencil and then blended Weathered Wood distress ink through the second stencil. I then trimmed them down a little to add a small pink and grey mat behind and glued them onto a 6x6 card. 
As per usual I got some inky smudges on it and so I used a large wooden word from Papermania/Docrafts to hide some of them. I rubbed over it with the Weathered Wood ink pad and once dry glued it into place, that didn't quite hide all the marks and so a few sequins rescued it!

Monday, 14 January 2019

Willow and Herb

Willow and Herb complained that they were not getting enough attention and so I promised to share some photos of them, especially as I haven't finished my project for today! Please excuse the scattering of poo, I'm just hoping that the new bunnies are better at toilet training than these two are.

Sunday, 13 January 2019

New Additions...

No crafting today, but the title of my blog does allude to bunnies so.... In 3 weeks time when they're old enough to leave Mum, these two adorable bundles are coming to be house bunnies. As I'll be coming home to an empty house, I wanted some bunnies for company. Williow and Herb are happy outdoors, I think Willow would enjoy being a house bunny, but I think it would be too much for Herb. He's built up his confidence massively, but still doesn't really like much human interaction. He flops out happily snuggled up to Willow though. 
The new bunnies, two male Netherland Dwarfs, will live in my kitchen and lounge so thankfully, I've got a few weeks to bunny proof it! They're agouti (wild rabbit coloured)  and so are less brown and more grey than in the photo, the only problem is going to be telling them apart! 

Saturday, 12 January 2019

MFT You Are Mermazing


I made a 6 inch canvas board using the MFT You are mermazing stamp set. I stamped the images on paper and watercoloured them before cutting them out. I painted the board with starlights paints, which give a wonderful metallic sheen. Once dry I stamped the small fish in black archival ink.  I then applied some sparkle paste through a Dutch Doobadoo stencil to add waves. I glued the stamped elements in place and added a touch of stickles to finish. Hopefully you can see some of the details better on the following pictures.


Friday, 11 January 2019

Another InkBuds Project

Woohoo! Friday at last and not a moment too soon. Working full time again is very tiring. Although, I have to confess, that I do have it on the cushy side on Fridays. I normally work in a nearby city, so it's about a 40 minute drive to work. On Friday afternoons however, I run a clinic in the "village" I live in, so I get paid to drive back to the village and then am back home five minutes after I finish there!
I'm looking forward to the weekend though, I need to rediscover the kitchen table and then I'll have space to craft in, rather than using the cooker top! I'm also looking forward to catching up on all your fantastic blogs.
So, onto the project, this was one of Hels Sheriden's sessions. We covered a cardboard journal cover in fabric and then used stencils and distress oxides to decorate. The inside is decorated too, which you can just get a peek of, but I forgot to take a photo and I've no idea where it is now to take another one! We die cut Fleurs flower forming foam to create the flowers and leaves. We added wooden and metal embelishments and lace to finish.

Thursday, 10 January 2019

InkBuds Project

Although I've been AWOL from my blog, I have managed to get to some crafting events. This project was made at one of the InkBuds weekenders in Preston and was the project that Pauline Wheeler taught. Mum liked it so much that she stole it and it's hanging in their lounge. Mum seems to be stealing quite a lot of my workshop makes these days!