Sunday 4 June 2023

The Flower Challenge #81 Use Your Favourite Flower



I’ve been AWOL for a bit, life definitely got in the way of crafting!  I’m back to celebrate the start of our next challenge over at The Flower Challenge and this time we want you to use your favourite flower. I owe a big thank you to them all for allowing me to take a step back over the last few months. 

Yes, dandelions are one of my favourite flowers. I was sad when they mowed the school field behind my house decapitating the host of yellow flowers. The other reason I love them, is free food for the bunnies. We won’t mention how a few years ago I trekked across the country, paid for a hotel and did a course on foraging for rabbits, only to discover that their favourites were dandelions! Thanks, Bramble and Parsley! Fortunately my current bunnies have more varied tastes. 

I used the Lavinia Dandelion stamp for my card. I created a distress oxide background blending and smooshing Wilted Violet and Shaded Lilac. I also smooshed a purple Craft Artist Gold Fusion ink pad on my craft mat, spritzed with a little water and tapped my card onto that too. Sentiment is from an old Clearly Besotted set. Obviously, I doodled a border and added a touch of glitter to finish. 

As ever don’t forget to check our my amazing teamies and fantastic guest DT’s work


Gratuitous photo of my bridge bunnies, Bramble (left) and Parsley (right) stuffing their faces with dandelions!


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card here Cara and so lovely to see you back making cards for us too. Aww what cute bunnies you have, hope they are behaving themselves these days ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you back blogging, Cara. Your card is stunning, what a fabulous background for the beautiful stamped dandelions. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you can see beauty in dandelions, Cara. And I'm glad your adorable bunnies love them too. I love the background you made to show off the silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bunnies are adorable ! And your card is beautiful! I love the beautiful background with that gold splatters!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x