Sunday 15 March 2020

The Flower Challenge #42 Reminder - Anything Goes (As long as it’s flowers!)



So, how are we all in these uncertain times? Hoping you all have loo roll! Honestly, this panic buying is driving me mad! Thankfully, it’s just me here so if needs be I can be creative - I’ve probably got enough dodgy patterned paper to keep me in toilet paper for a year! Might not risk blocking the loo with it though... If we’re all being encouraged to stay indoors it’s a good excuse to craft and we know that being creative helps us cope with stress and worry. I’m therefore making the somewhat dubious claim, that joining in with our challenge is good for your health! Seriously though, just a a reminder of our current Challenge over at The Flower Challenge and this one is an easy one, anything goes. Remember though, we are a flower challenge, so your main image needs to be floral and you need to have created the flowers in some way, in other words, shop bought flowers don’t count!
Make sure you check out our rules to be in with a chance of winning as this month, we have a fantastic prize for the winner. Our talented teammate Rachel Vass has her own Etsy shop selling her fantastic digi stamps and is offering our winner two digi stamps of their choice from her shop. Rachel has also given us all some of her digi stamps to play with this month, so make sure you check them all out.
I chose to use her gorgeous “Ruffled Peony” for my reminder card. Once again I laser printed onto acetate and used alcohol inks to colour the image. I used an old paintbrush to drag the ink down the stem. To colour in the leaves and flower I added the ink directly to the acetate and used my finger tip to move it about. That did mean I ended up with an orange finger and a green finger for work the next day, but as my clinic rooms don’t have sinks, the alcohol gel before and after every patient soon took care of that!
To make my card I added some matt pale gold mirri behind it and then cut a frame out of black card with my rectangle dies and glued onto a 7x5 card to finish. Another very quick and simple card.




4 comments:

  1. A stunner of an image and I love the loose watercolouring on your very striking and beautiful card x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I have a picture in my head now of little squares of pretty DP in all the crafter's loos ;)
    Love how you coloured your flower x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card Cara,love how you coloured the pretty flower and added that gorgeous gold matt bg too ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great technique, Cara. Your flower is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x