Friday 17 November 2017

Happy Birthday

Back in August I made a card for my Dad's birthday using the same stamps and dies and Mum asked if I could make a similar card for my Uncle. If I could be bothered, I'd add a link to it, but it's Friday afternoon, I didn't sleep well last night or the night before and so you'll have to go rummaging for it yourself!
I used a Creative Crafting World DL card blank for this which has the fold on the short side. I die cut the Robert Addams Flying Scotsman die out of silver, gold and black card and assembled it as per the very necessary instructions.
Last time I made the card the very lovely Claire of Hamnmule Designs blog thought that the Clearly Besotted sentiment looked like it was made of steam. I thought that was genius and so this time I stamped it above the train in Memento London Fog to emphasise this. I added two lengths of the track that is included in the die set, we'll just ignore the fact that not all the wheels are resting on the rails!
Hope you all have a great weekend, I think mine shall be spent mostly sleeping! 

14 comments:

  1. Great masculine card Cara, that die looks great and very useful to have in your stash. I hope you manage to catch up on some sleep at the weekend, I sympathise totally with you most nights I'm lucky to get 4 hours and that is never in one go :(
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and love the train and the clever 'steam' sentiment lol, well done again. Hope you manage some sleep too ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really super card, love the die and yes the positioning of the sentiment is a really clever idea.
    Hope you manage to catch up on your sleep.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card Cara. What a great die and I love the colours. I'm sure your uncle will be delighted. I hope you have a better night's sleep tonight. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you've not slept x Great masculine card and what a fabulous die. Love the green, the gold and the black, really striking x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card, Cara, great idea to position the sentiment to represent the steam. I love the train die cut. Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous masculine card. I'm sure my brother would like something like this as he has quite a collection of model trains!
    Sweet dreams, Cara!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Cara, love London Fog as an Ink, was my first Memento dew drop, now have lots.
    I can relate to your sleeping poorly too... thanks for popping ove too, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card, Cara. It's masculine and so nice looking. I didn't notice the wheels not on the track until I read it. We'll just say it's popping a wheelie. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cara, what a great card. I hadn't noticed the wheels until you said but somehow it has the effect of making it look as though it's trying to escape the card and I like it! Happy creative weekend and hope you get a better sleep too. Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked this card when you made the first one and love the idea of the smoke signals. Hope you manage to get a better nights sleep. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm up for a rummage hunt if someone else wants to drive! This really is a marvelous card for the menfolk, Cara, especially those who love the trains! I agree with Claire and love how you stamped your sediment in London Fog this time!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Cara! That train is so much fun with the bright green and the metallic accents! The pattern in the sentiment is fantastic, it does look a bit like steam! A wonderful masculine make! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cara that is stunning and yes the train does look like it is steaming out the sentimentm a really gorgeous card huni Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x