Tuesday 21 November 2017

Masterboard ATCs

I mentioned in my last post that my tag was made using some snippets, so as promised this is where they came from. The fabulous Angela makes wonderful projects from masterboards that she has created and so she inspired me to make my very first one.
I started off with an A4 sheet of Hunkydory's Ink Me white card and randomly blended Salty Ocean, Broken China and Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxides. Once dry I spritzed and flicked on some water and then let it sit for a minute to react and my heat tool to speed up the drying (because I'm too impatient to let it dry naturally!). I then repeated this step until I was happy with the result. I then randomly stencilled the pistachio ink through a diamond stencil and the salty ocean ink through a flourish stencil. There are two tree stamps in the Clearly Besotted Let's Prance set and I stamped these rotating the stamp randomly in black archival ink on the masterboard. Finally, I flicked the ink from my Wink of Stella glossy white and clear pens over the card by tapping the pen over my finger. Hopefully you can see some of the sparkle this adds in the photo below.
I chopped up the masterboard to make the ATCs and was left with a few bits that I used to make my tag. I stamped the three reindeers from the Clearly Besotted stamp set on white card and coloured them in with my polychromos pencils before cutting them out with the matching dies. I added glossy accents to the noses. I stamped one of the sentiments from the set in black and then cut them up. This allowed me to position the words more pleasingly. I then drew a frame round the edge of the words with a 0.1 fineliner pen and drew in a border around the edge of the ATC's with a 0.3 fineliner pen, before gluing everything together. I ended up making 8 ATCs in total.

17 comments:

  1. Great masterboard - love your cards, that little guy is adorable, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant stamping and colouring Cara, and I love the little deer, adorable, and the sentiment is fabulous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are brilliant, love the background and a super reindeer.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. I've never seen a master board. Those reindeer are so cute. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun holiday cards Cara!! Your wee reindeer look so handsome prancing around and jumping through the sky and the doodle frames really work for your designs. Your masterboard is amazing, what a genius idea for doing a large number of cards! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so delightful Cara...smiling.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Cara - you got so many great ATCs from one piece of card! I love your gorgeous background and the cute reindeer are adorable.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your masterboard looks great Cara and what a lovely set of ATCs. The reindeer are so cute and I just love that sentiment. Great work. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the masterboard of course! Gorgeous ATCS too. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These ATC's are so cute and they look fabulous. Great idea with the master board, love the colours, the stencil and the stamps you've used...Great inspiration, thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great, love the gorgeous background you created
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab ATC's Cara,just adore the sweet little deer ;)hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Cara
    Super set of ATCs. Love the "Tis the season to prance" lol!
    The background looks smashing.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, your master board is a work of art on its own!! Love that little reindeer too, another set for my wish list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, I love the idea of a masterboard to create mini works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous set of ATC's love them. They would make a great wall decoration for Christmas like that, will have to give this idea a go, great way to make tags as gifts for people too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes! I love this set, it is really fun to work with, I think we have done a similar thing with it here. I love your masterboard, it would be great on it's own. Cute ATC's, I think they make lovely tags for gifts. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x