Sunday 19 November 2017

Tag You're It! #77

The incredibly lovely Darnell is guest designing over at Tag You're It! for the current challenge and she inspired me to get started on making some Christmas tags.
As you can see I used the embossed white tag and layout to inspire my tag. I stamped one of the reindeer from the Clearly Besotted Let's Prance set and coloured him in with my polychromos pencils then used the matching dies to cut him out. I cut my tag using a small X-cut die and then embossed it using a star stencil. I die cut the sentiment out of a scrap of leftover inked card and added another layer under it to make it stronger as it would overhang the sides. Before I assembled my tag I couldn't resist adding some faux stitches round the edges. Once I'd glued everything in place I added glossy accents to his nose and to the sentiment to finish.
As I die cut the sentiment out of the leftovers of making some ATCs which I'll share with you tomorrow, I'm taking this tag over to The Snippets Playground. I've not managed to play over there for ages so I'm hoping Parsnip has got some mugs to share my flask of mulled wine! Hope you've all had a great weekend and that this week is good for you x

17 comments:

  1. I love the star embossing and the faux stitching on this tag. The reindeer is very cute and colored so nicely. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww just love your cute tag Cara, sweet image and embossed background. I never think of making tags, thanks for the inspiration, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag is adorable, Cara, that little reindeer is so sweet, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm mulled wine, I'm getting a mug! I love your smug looking reindeer and the stars in the background. x AlisonC Snippets GD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab tag, love the cute little reindeer and the star EF background.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You aced CASEing Hazel's darling tag with one of your own, Cara! That reindeer looks might fab prancing on the glossy sediment on top of that embossed background! And I love your faux stitching! Thanks so much for playing at Tags You're It!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super sweet tag, I really like your sentiment and the fact it over hangs, nice touch and the reindeer is a cracker of a character x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous tag Cara - love the reindeer and you got so much lovely detail onto a tag and yet kept it CAS. Well done!

    Great to see you in the Playground.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute tag! And you find the most interesting challenges to play in. I'm off to check them out! Creative Blessings! Kelly #29

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant tag Cara....love the fun image....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun tag, Cara! I love that cute reindeer and the colors in your fantastic sentiment! Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Tag, You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great inspiration from Darnell and such a fun tag x

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's the cutest tag Cara. I love it! Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute, love the rudolph! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous take on the challenge, happy Thanksgiving, many thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have missed so much, and you have been so busy. Just love your work. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Neat tag Cara, love this reindeer. I cant believe that overtime I look at other peoples cards I end up thinking I need more stamps cause their stamps are cuter than what I have. Its like a compulsion. Though he really is a cute reindeer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x