Sunday 26 April 2015

Well done

Do you ever wish you hadn't offered to do something? Our admin at work has been nominated for an award within the company and so when my boss said she was going to get her a card at the weekend, of course I offered to make one. I didn't expect the weather to be so beautiful today and so resented being indoors crafting when the garden is screaming to be tidied. Anyway, now I've made the card I might get outside for a couple of hours.
They requested an exploding box card so I started off with an A3 sheet of centura pearl and off I went. The papers are from a very old DCWV spring mat stack. I used a memory box alphabet I got for Christmas (first time out of the wrapper!) for the sentiment. I couldn't be bothered to cut and make stars or flowers so I used an even older container of K&Co scrap booking embellishments. No idea what range they are from, but the tin says Brenda Walton.  I was pleased that I managed to tone them well with the paper. I used the packaging from spellbinders dies to make the supports for the words and flowers. I used glossy accents to stick them to the packaging strips and then as I couldn't be bothered to wait for things to dry, got out my glue gun to stick it all together. Only problem now is I haven't got an envelope to fit it!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful creation well worth all the effort.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x