Sunday 8 July 2018

Sweet Stampin' - Christmas in July


Arrghhh for some reason Blogger didn't post this scheduled post and I've only just realised! I'm sure they're trying to get us to abandon Blogger. I hadn't realised that we were no longer getting comments emailed to us. I'd assumed that as I had been pants recently at visiting and commenting on blogs, that people weren't commenting on my blog. Huge apologies for that everyone. It was only when it was mentioned on the flower challenge DT group that I realised! I also learnt this week that if you go into your blog settings and delete the email address that comments get sent to, and then re-enter the email it seems to work again! After all that waffling, I return you to our scheduled post...
Has anyone else melted? The warm weather is lovely, but just a little too hot for me. Perhaps as an antidote, our new challenge over at Sweet Stampin' is "Christmas in July". 

That said, I didn't go down to cool snowy route, although I might be regretting that now. I used the Clearly Besotted Trimming the Tree stamp set that was sat in my NBUS mountain.
I stamped the scene using memento black, masking off elements to create my scene. I then coloured the image with my trusty copics and die cut it using a Tattered Lace Torn Edge Square. I added a doodled border round it and did the same to a 5x7 card. I used foam tape to stick the image on the card and added some glamour dust to the star and baubles with a quickie glue pen. Simples!
I'm looking forward to seeing your creations this week, just remember to include some stamping to be eligible for our top picks. 

11 comments:

  1. Such cute characters and a super design Cara, love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, cute image and a super CAS card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, Cara, super image and I love the doodling. I'm melting here too, should get cooler in a couple of days - fingers crossed. We could do with a downpour to cool things down. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the blogging problems are sorted...You wasn't alone and it was so frustrating x. Such a cute card, fun stamping, great masking and colouring to create this adorable scene x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cara,
    Yes melting too.
    Such a great card and a lovely scene too.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cara
    Super cute!
    Yes, I think we all got flummoxed by the email thingy until you see others blogs with the solution.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww cute image Cara, love how you coloured your tree!
    We've been melted here too, though we had some rain today for the first time in about a month and had to put the heat on for half an hour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super cute design and lovely coloring.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Cara... melting here, too. Though they say we're to have a cool down and limited humidity the next couple of days. Soooo ready. Love your Christmas card. I've been making them them on my SU blog this week and participated at 52. Didn't get this week's in. Helping an author friend get her edits done. There's always the next round! Creative Christmas Blessings! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is so cute Cara, love the little scene. Perfect for us here in Australia as we don't go the snow route either lol. Take care sweetie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x