Wednesday 4 July 2018

The Flower Challenge # 22 - Monochrome

Has anybody else melted into a large puddle? If you are still in a vaguely solid form, perhaps you’d like to play along with us this month at The Flower Challenge, where this month we want to see your monochrome floral creations.
I applied creative expressions polar white glitter paste through a starburst stencil (indigoblu?) on a 6x6 card and let it dry, which didn't take long in this weather! I also used the Magnolia Memories stamp and die sets from Mel Heaton's new signature range for my card. I stamped the image in black memento ink and then coloured it in using my copics. I then used the corresponding die to cut I out.  I added a little sparkle with a wink of stella to some of the flowers before adding it to my card with 1mm deep foam tape. Simples.
Don't forget to check out what my lovely teamies have created to inspire you and please check our rules if you want to play along as it breaks our heart when we can't pick a stunning creation because they haven't followed our simple rules. We'll be back halfway through the month with a reminder and more inspiration for you. 
I hope you manage to stay at a comfortable temperature wherever you are in the world. I've got to bake 48 cupcakes tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it in this heat x

14 comments:

  1. Such a classy card. The bit of bling from the stencil looks great too. Your card is so very eye catching. Good luck with the baking! x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant card Cara, love the image and the glitter background.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cara, a fun monochrome card, love the stenciled glitter paste behind the flowers… I'd send some cooler air over but, today is warm (17C) and sunny, been out in shorts and singlet for some vitamin D! Have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful!
    I'm finding it too hot to craft just now - even my table lamp makes me hot, and as for the thought of heat embossing... no way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card Cara, love the visual impact those flowers have, so elegant and pure.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cara, love the beautiful burst of sparkles behind your lovely flowers, they look truly spectacular with that fabulous background.
    XO
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not melted as yet but came very close sometimes lol!
    Love your beautiful black and white card Cara. Great stamping and pretty flowers. Love the sparkly starburst behind your flowers too.😀 hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes it is HOT here in Texas lol! Love your card and the glittery background too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so elegant and dramatic, Cara. The sparkles in the background set the flowers off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving this Cara. Elegant and dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cara
    Sorry been missing for a while.
    This is magnificent. So striking in the monochrome.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a stunner Cara! Your gorgeous flowers look amazing in your B&W theme and the starburst is perfet for your background. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree...stunning card Cara, such an elegant, rich look to it.
    x Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x