Saturday 4 December 2021

The Flower Challenge #63 Christmas



I hope those of you in the UK kept warm, safe and well with storm Arwen last week. Mum up in Cumbria was without power (and therefore heating) for 23hrs. She was self isolating prior to cataract surgery so couldn’t/wouldn’t come and stay with me. Not great when she’s in her 80’s, but so lucky compared to others who are still without power. I took her for her surgery (which went well) and was shocked that in the 4 miles to the hospital, I could see that 4 trees had come down blocking the main road, no wonder the power had gone out!

Anyway, enough waffling, down to the important stuff! It’s time for our December challenge over at The Flower Challenge and this month we want to see your Christmas flowers. 

I used a stamp from the A5 Aall and Create stamp set #560 Jolly Elements. I used my inktense pencils and decoupaged up the flowers adding glitter to the edges. I love how Bipasha sneaks phrases into these stamps - “don’t get your tinsel in a tangle” on this one! I added a bit of Twisted Citron oxide through a stencil In the background. I made the word poinsettia on my old Dynamo label maker, I always forget how hard you have to squeeze it! A couple of pearls to finish (which are a better colour match in reality) and surprise, a doodled border. As you can see my doodling went a bit wonky, but I decided to embrace it as of course it was the last thing I added to the card and I wasn’t going to remake it! 

As ever I can’t wait to see what you make this month, don’t forget to check out our rules and whilst you’re there, look at the amazing cards my teamies and our fab guest designer have made.



8 comments:

  1. Stunning card Cara .. that is a fabulous stamp and your colouring is awesome.Been a bit busy the past few days but still looking forward to playing with the fab goodies you sent me
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Cara .. that is a fabulous stamp and your colouring is awesome.Been a bit busy the past few days but still looking forward to playing with the fab goodies you sent me
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Cara. I love your colour choice. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Cara, love those soft colours you used and the pretty addition of glitter. Hugs Aileen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a unique, contemporary and striking card and I love it Cara x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the whimsical style of your card, Cara. The colors are beautiful and the layers and background stamping/stenciling work well with the layered poinsettia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh this is beautiful Cara! I love everything about it... the colours, the background, the stamp, everything!!
    Hope you have a great Christmas and very best wishes for 2022 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cut out poinsettias add such beautiful dimension to your card! Love the partially stenciled background! A beautiful design, Cara! Wishing you a happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x