Tuesday 24 January 2017

Happy Retirement


One day I'll learn to say no, when people ask me to make cards for them, especially if they give me combinations of things to include. The brief for this card was, sunsets, dogs and the beach. 
I started off making a sunset with pixie powders, water and a wide brush. It doesn't really show up, but there is a mica shine to the sunset.
I added a strip of blue card to represent the sea and added some glamour dust to it. I cut a strip of kraft card for the beach and added some die cut bits of grass, trimmed down from a strip of grass die to make it look a bit like a sand dune. The dogs and bones are from a Katzelkraft set, I some of them with zig clean colour pens and some with copics and then fussy cut them out. The blue bows were coloured with a spectrum sparkle pen. I die cut the letters with a memory box alphabet die set and then mounted the whole thing on gold mirri card on an 8x8 card to finish. Oops and glossy accents on their eyes and noses!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Cara,
    oh my word this card is sooooo! wonderful.
    You have fufilled their requirements perfectly too.
    Your Pixie Powder sunset sky is fantastic.
    My DH always says I am a girl that can't say no only as far as cardmaking is corncerened though. LOL.
    So I quite often get lumbered with cards I don't want to make.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Cara I would say you've managed the brief, its a fabulous card, love the dogs, and your sunset colours are brilliant, I'm sure the recipient will love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely nailed that request Cara! I hate making personalised cards when the request is so specific - my worst was a wedding card for a couple who owned a pizza shop, kept rabbits and were going to Australia for their honeymoon!!! Really!!! Anyway, I'm sure Allyson loved her card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Cara, this is brilliant! Love all the little details, especially the bones with bows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cara, fabulous card, love all the effort you put into it. and including all the dogs, can just picture their excitement, beach, beach, water water, ahh the chaos . Brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card Cara, you did really well with their ideas, adore those dogs and must get those stamps soon xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x