Saturday 26 May 2018

Sweet Stampin' - Paper Piecing

Yay! It's the weekend again, and an extra long one here in the UK. Hubby has trundled off to Scotland for the goldpanning championships and I'm trying to catch up on some sadly neglected housework. Okay, and catch up on some sleep too!
It's also time for our next challenge at Sweet Stampin' and this week we want to see paper piecing on your creations.
I used Tim Holtz Crazy Birds for my card and stamped him and his hat from the accessories set on sheets from a 6x6 paper pad that I think came free with a magazine years ago. I fussy cut the images as my dies were trapped behind several large boxes of trophies and phials containing gold for the championships.
I trimmed down one of the sheets of paper to 4 3/4" square and then stamped the bird again so I had his feet etc on show. I then filled him in with the paper pieces. I stamped the sentiment (which describes me perfectly) from the Taylored Expression's Pitch Black set on the paper in black archival. My positioning of the bird and sentiment was slightly off, but I decided to live with it. To finish I drew in some ground for him to stand on and a border with a black fineliner. I then glued the panel into place on a 6x6 card blank. Simples!
I hope you all have a fantastic weekend xxx

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous fun card Cara, love the sentiment too, great colouring and design.
    Enjoy your me time even if it is housework, hope your hubby does well, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - love the stamps & sentiment! And wow what a fab hobbie your hubbie has! 😁 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this card, Cara, what a brilliant sentiment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super image and card, great paper piecing and colours. Remember seeing your Wedding ring which was from his gold panning.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sentiment, loving the paper piecing and the doodling is fun on your wonderful card x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee fab card Cara, I totally agree with that sentiment! Hope you're getting some of this lovely sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this so much, Cara! Perfect background and coloring and outstanding sediment!!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cara
    Apologies for being missing a while.
    This sentiment had me howling with laughter! Love it!
    Hope the bunnies are well.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x