It's halfway through the month and so time for a reminder that over at The Flower Challenge we want to see acetate or vellum on your creations.
As I used acetate for my card last time, I decided to use vellum this time. I used Brilliance ink in Moonlight White to stamp my image from one of the stamps from Rare Earth's "Inspired by the Orient" A4 stamp set. The brilliance ink dries on the vellum after a while, without needing to be heat set. If, like me, you feel the need to poke the ink to see if it's dry, it's advisable to stamp some extra bits to poke rather than mess up your main image. Don't ask why I'm telling you that!
Once dry, I coloured in the image with my polychromos pencils. I debated whether to use the coloured side or the softer reverse side on my card, but eventually decided to use the coloured side. I die cut a piece of apricot card using one of the Tattered Lace Pearl Square dies and glued it onto a 6x6 card blank. I then die cut the vellum using the next size down die. To secure the vellum I applied a bit of glue from a create and craft tape runner behind the coloured flowers. I also put a tiny bit of Cosmic Shimmer acrylic glue to my finger and spread it out so it was hardly there and applied a little to the back of the border corners of the vellum to secure those too.
I then decided that I wanted to add a sentiment, yep, at the last minute when everything else was finished. Definitely flying by the seat of my pants! I stamped the With Love from a Uniko set, Flower Power 3 in the same white Brilliance ink and patiently left it to dry whilst my luck held!