Tuesday 15 May 2018

The Flower Challenge Reminder - Use Acetate or Vellum

It's halfway through the month and so time for a reminder that over at The Flower Challenge we want to see acetate or vellum on your creations.
As I used acetate for my card last time, I decided to use vellum this time. I used Brilliance ink in Moonlight White to stamp my image from one of the stamps from Rare Earth's "Inspired by the Orient" A4 stamp set. The brilliance ink dries on the vellum after a while, without needing to be heat set. If, like me, you feel the need to poke the ink to see if it's dry, it's advisable to stamp some extra bits to poke rather than mess up your main image. Don't ask why I'm telling you that!
Once dry, I coloured in the image with my polychromos pencils. I debated whether to use the coloured side or the softer reverse side on my card, but eventually decided to use the coloured side. I die cut a piece of apricot card using one of the Tattered Lace Pearl Square dies and glued it onto a 6x6 card blank. I then die cut the vellum using the next size down die. To secure the vellum I applied a bit of glue from a create and craft tape runner behind the coloured flowers. I also put a tiny bit of Cosmic Shimmer acrylic glue to my finger and spread it out so it was hardly there and applied a little to the back of the border corners of the vellum to secure those too. 
I then decided that I wanted to add a sentiment, yep, at the last minute when everything else was finished. Definitely flying by the seat of my pants! I stamped the With Love from a Uniko set, Flower Power 3 in the same white Brilliance ink and patiently left it to dry whilst my luck held!

12 comments:

  1. Love the soft delicate colours of the flower which is superbly coloured, a really gorgeous card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Cara - this is just stunning! And a great tip about stamping onto a spare piece of vellum for 'stick finger on to check' purposes :)

    Miss seeing you in the Snippets Playground!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Cara what a stunning creation, love your stamped image and colouring and the die cut frames you have used. You have some of the most amazing dies, love checking them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally stunning Cara, looks very delicate on vellum and the shades of colours are so beautiful, hope you are keeping well, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, Cara. I love the delicate effect of the image on the vellum. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delicate and absolutely stunning card. The soft vellum looks fabulous and your colouring skills are so beautiful. Yes I tend to leave my sentiments to last...which is not good idea for me x Didn't know that about the brilliance inks on the vellum so thank you for the tip x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an elegant card! I thought the image was heat embossed! The ink looks superb on vellum! The die you used for the panel and the apricot you chose add more elegance to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of colored pencils on vellum, your card is absolutely stunning, the white heat embossed flowers really stand out on the soft peach background. Love the dies you used, just beautiful.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pencil coloring is marvelous, Cara, and the white stamping gives the flowers a nice glow. I love those lacy die cut panels

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty - the white outline really makes the image stand out.

    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, your flowers are so pretty, beautiful colouring!
    I did snigger at your Tip, you sound as impatient as me :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry I am late commenting this time Cara!Such a great card here,great use of vellum and such pretty flowers too.Love your sense of humour too....you always make me smile ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x