So I was browsing blogland late last night and I saw Liz's post using a peacock die that she had got with a craft magazine. It reminded me that I had the die too and as her card was so great it inspired me to have a play.
Amazingly, this afternoon I actually managed to find the die! I cut it out of greenish card three times and then snipped and glued to layer his tail up to make it fuller as in my head, peacocks have bigger tails. I die cut the largest spellbinders floral oval in gold and some mats with spellbinders ovals. I thought the white looked a bit stark against the green and so I added summer skies colour cloud to the smallest oval. I found a bit of die cut branch in my "bung in everything left over on the table and vaguely useful looking" box and added that. I added some glamour dust to the peacock and some gems to his tail. I would have liked slightly smaller gems but I didn't have enough in the right size. A small black gem highlighted his eye. I used the tonic pin dot dies on a 6x6 card base to finish it off. Thanks Liz for the inspiration!