Friday 19 August 2016

Oldie Friday

Thank goodness it's Friday! Has it been a long week for you too? Everyone I've spoken to in the communal kitchen at work has commented on what a long and tiring week it has been. Hubby is allegedly going to Wales tomorrow for gold planners barbecue and will be back Sunday, so I'm hoping to have a rest and try to sort out some of my craft stuff so that we can find the kitchen table and lounge floor again!
I'm massively behind on visiting and commenting on all your wonderful blogs and I think I might have to admit defeat as I'm never going to catch up at this rate given my current tiredness and neck pain. Can I blame that all on having a tooth out? I am still loving seeing what you've all been up to and promise I will comment as much as possible in future.
As it's Friday, it's time to link up with the lovely Erika to share an oldie. I don't think I've shared this one before. It was a card that I was asked to make about 2 or 3 years ago for a colleague who's daughter was graduating from uni. The brief was that it should be girly and that she liked cats. Now, I remembered seeing a Penny Black graduation cat stamp, but of course it had been discontinued when I wanted it. I can't remember the actual stamp image I ended up using, but I know it was on a wooden block, which probably means it's somewhere in the storage unit. I had to mask off whatever the kitty was holding whilst decoupaging him up and add in the graduation certificate scroll which was made from some scrap paper and tied with a snippet of red ribbon. I stole the idea of using a crochet border die to frame the circle mat from another blogger possibly Debby? I stamped some hats using a graduation stamp set I got on eBay and added those. I remember buying another stamp set which had the sentiments included in it. I finished it off with some flowers from wild orchid crafts, although I got a little carried away with them. The details may be vague, but I remember that the colleague and her daughter loved it! Right, off to watch the second Corrie of the evening and then bed calls. Sweet dreams x

6 comments:

  1. Hi Cara, thanks for joining me today sharing an oldie and what a super oldie it is. A very cute and clever cat! I love how you've added the scroll together with the girlie colour combo and floral arrangement.
    I hope you feel better over the weekend, leave your craft tidying and relax instead. Sending pain relieving vibes through the web. hhhhuuuuuummmmmm. x
    Take care, hope hubby has success with the gold panning again or is he just eating? LOL.

    Big hugs, Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you are still in pain Cara. Have a nice quiet weekend. Your card is lovely. A lovely image well matched with the graduation stamps. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty graduation card Cara and a great way to stretch stamps. I've just had a tooth out too because it had a vertical fracture that was causing a lot of pain, so I sympathise and hope you feel better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty graduation card Cara and a great way to stretch stamps. I've just had a tooth out too because it had a vertical fracture that was causing a lot of pain, so I sympathise and hope you feel better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cara, your oldie is just lovely, lovely image and design.
    Don't worry about catching up with the commenting, sometimes it's just too much, and we all understand, cos we've all been there. Hope you manage to have a good rest whilst hubby is away, take care of yourself, Kate x 😉

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great oldie! Hope you're enjoying your weekend and not wasting too much time tidying your craft table LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x