Saturday 2 December 2017

Bucilia Advent Calendar

I finally finished my Bucilia Santa Advent Calendar on Tuesday. Well, I say finished, I still need to add a bit of dowelling or something along the the back of the mantelpiece to stop it scrunching up when hanging.

There are little ornaments to fit in the numbered pockets. I decided to add some cording to them so that I can take them out each day and hang them on our twig tree.
I've already started on my next sewing project, another Bucilla felt kit, but a stocking this time. Unfortunately, my neck and shoulders have been playing up the last couple of days and so sewing has been put on hold, but I'm looking forward to cracking on with it. Only another 7 kits to go after this (they were all on really good deals so I had to buy them, honest). 
Don't forget that I'm running a blog candy Christmas stamp giveaway for my followers. The post is pinned to the top of my blog or you can click here to go directly to the post. Entries close at midnight on 8th December UK time.

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning, love the little pocket and the lovely items to go in them. How fabulous that you will be able to hang them on your twig tree too.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Cara this is just beautiful I have not seen anything so wonderful before and you have taken time and love to make this. Love it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous Cara and something that will come out year after year, the little ornaments are absolutely beautiful I especially love the snowflakes and gingerbread men :)
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just amazing Cara, I love it so much. How clever you are! Happy creative weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow totally stunning Cara, amazing work, so much detail to look at, I love it. Sorry to hear that you are in some pain, hopefully it eases soon, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally brilliant Cara, absolutely love it. You are so talented. I always hope to do something like this though never get even near it, so will continue to admire yours instead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh....Cara...what a beautiful project...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW, what a stunning project, Cara, just amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cara
    Absolutely amazing. What a wonderful festive focal point.
    Silly question time. Are these hand stitched or done with a machine? Never seen them before.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, this is going to look amazing in your home. I love it!! I love advent calendars, I make hubby one every year. The little felt ornaments are so pretty, now I want one of these kits, you are enabling me... Cx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is beautiful Cara, absolutely stunning! If I had the chance I would nab it because it's something that I wouldn't have the patience to sew, I really envy this! I forgot to say that I loved the Disney card too, your sister and brother in law are going to love the cards you create for them with those stamps Karen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x