Saturday 23 December 2017

Happy Jolly Days

Over at Moving Along With The Times they want to see anything but a card, which was perfect as I made this canvas board for a secret Santa swap this week (Yep, last minute Lucy here!).
I made a 6x6 canvas board using the PaperArtsy stamp set, Happy Jolly Days by Elena Guzinska. I painted the canvas board with buttermilk chalk paint and over dry stamped the trees on the canvas in black archival ink. I then applied Aleene's Glitter Snow through a SSS Falling snow stencil with a spatula avoiding the trees. After that had dried I then mixed some Indigoblu Luscious Pigment powders with water to make a paint and then painted in the trees. On a separate sheet of stamping card I stamped the holly and person and coloured them in the same way before fussy cutting them. Once the trees had dried I used a black posca pen to redraw in the details and outlines that I had painted over. I applied some gold gliding wax around the edge of the canvas and once everything had dried used some Indigoblu Slap it on to add the person to the canvas. I decided to add a sentiment at this point and so I applied a thin layer of the buttermilk paint to a bit of card to take away the whiteness and once dry stamped the sentiment from the set on it. I trimmed it down and drew a border round it. I added the holly leaves and to finish added some more snow to the scene.
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and I'm sending you all love and hugs. For those of you that find Christmas difficult, I'm sending you extra hugs xxx

12 comments:

  1. What a fun canvas board and so unique ...love it x Merry Christmas to you and your family and here's to a Healthy, Happy and Crafty 2018 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project Cara

    Thank you for playing along in our MAWTT Challenge

    Merry Christmas

    June/DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a fantastic card Cara and great fun. I love that little guy. I have got a stamp of his 'brother'. Wishing you and your hubby and bunnies a very happy and peaceful Christmas. I look forward to visiting again in the new year. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks lovely, thanks for joining us at MAWTT.
    Merry Christmas to you, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cara, I love your canvas and the quirky trees, its a fabulous design with great colours.
    Wishing you and your husband a wonderful Christmas and New Year, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful Cara! Fabulous textures and so much interest. Love it! Happy Xmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's so cool Cara! Sounds like it was lots of work, but it definitely was well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous canvas Cara,
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favourite stamps at the moment and love how you've used them. Happy creative weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cara,
    what a super canvas and your work is as always excellent.
    Love the wonderful scene.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, Cara. Congratulations on your win over in the MAWTT Challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .....that should be great canvas!! Typing faster than my brain is working! LOL! xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x