Tuesday 26 December 2017

Piglet Present for my Niece

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas Day and that Santa brought you lots of goodies because I know you've all been good this year! I'm currently still stuffed from our Christmas dinner last night and hoping that it will wear off before we head out to the Panto this afternoon.
Apologies for the rubbish photo, but I only remembered that I hadn't taken a picture of my present to my niece this morning and of course I'd put it in a box frame before giving it to her.
Despite now being thirteen, my niece still loves Piglet and so I decided to paint her a picture of him. I printed off a colouring page that I found on the Internet and used that as a guide to paint him in acrylics on a 6x6 canvas board. I purchased some wooden letters, painted them pink and once dry covered them in glue and liberally doused them in pink glitter. I was a bit worried about the glitter shedding in the frame and so one the glue had dried, I applied a thick coat of glossy accents which give a lovely finish. To finish I glued them in place with some glossy accents and popped the cavas board in a cheap box frame. Thankfully, my neice loved him!

6 comments:

  1. Your frame has just brought a warm smile to my face...cute and adorable. Love how you did the glitter and glossy accents x Enjoy the panto x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Cara and I can see why your niece loved him. Thank you for your recent visit and for your kind comments which I really appreciate. I did have wonderful Christmas Day with my family and two of my gorgeous Grandchildren, so I couldn't ask for more. I'm slowly on the mend and I've enjoyed having a play today with my new stamps. Enjoy the rest of the Christmas break. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww what a gorgeous pressie for your niece, I'm sure she absolutely loved it!
    Hope you had a great Christmas and wishing you a very Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got a big smile on my face! I bet she loved it...so adorable.
    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely present for your niece Cara. Even very big girls love Christopher Robin and his friends. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let me tell you a secret Cara, I love Tigger, and I have quite a few soft toys, china pieces, collectables etc. I loved him when I was younger and then about fifteen years ago we went to Disney and I remembered my love and got some pieces then. We always have one or two things that we love from our childhood that stays, I bet you loved bunnies when you were little, or at least I hope so lol!
    Love what you made for your niece and the tip for the glitter is very welcome as I want to make some pieces for my niece but not sure what to make as I don't want it to look home made and your piece seriously does not. I may have to knick your idea Karen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x