Monday 11 December 2017

Snowy Gift Tags

I hope that you're all managing to keep safe and warm in this frosty weather. Definitely the right time to stay inside and craft! I have to admit that my crafting has been taking a backseat to my hand sewing at the moment. I've got another Bucilla felt kit on the go, a stocking this time, which should be much simpler, but seems to be taking forever!
I did however get round to making some gift tags for when I eventually give in and start wrapping presents. I bought a pack of 20 plain white gift tags in two sizes from The Range last week for £1 and set to work decorating some of the larger ones. I removed the string from the tags as I'll use coordinating ribbon from my rather large ribbon stash instead. The tags are an off white, but I was happy for that to look like a blizzard in the background! I used some of the Aleene's Glitter Snow through the Simon Says Stamp, Falling Snow stencil and left it to dry. I stamped the Penny Black Snowy in black archival ink on white card. I squeezed out some ink from my Crafters Companion Sparkle pens onto a plate and used a brush to watercolour Snowy's hat and scarf. It doesn't show in the photo, but they have a lovely sparkle to them. I also used a pale grey Zig clean colour pen to add a hint of shading to Snowy and an orange one to colour in his nose. Once dry I fussy cut them. 
I drew a squiggly border round the tag with a black fineliner pen as this allowed me to avoid the snow blobs and then glued Snowy in place. To finish him off I added some glossy accents to his nose and some Nuvo Glitter Accents - called Fresh Snowfall, to the brim of his hat. I hadn't used this before and it holds its shape and gives more dimension than Stickles would. Et voilĂ  seven tags finished!
Oops, I was just about to publish this post when I noticed a typo in the title, "Snowy Git Tags", maybe I should have left it like that x

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous tags Cara, such a jolly snowman, love all the different colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They looks lovely Cara. I just love this chubby snowman. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tags Cara, fab snowman and lovely colours. Great to find the tags for a bargain price too :)
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are cute - I've always loved Snowy, I've found the perfect ribbon to use for tag are those pieces cut out of tops and jumpers!

    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute Snowy 'gift' tags x Love all the fun elements of the snow stencil, the bling, the dimension and shading x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tags Cara. I’ve just made little snowmen tags to use on my Grandchildren’s presents. Well done, yours look fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant tags, Cara, so cute. Had a little chuckle when I read about your typo! LOL! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, maybe you should have, Super tags, of course a fabulous image and great colours.
    Every year I say I must make tags and always end up buying them.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, these tags a super cute, Cara, and perfect for the cold, snowy weather the UK seems to be experiencing lately. If, however, these snowmen were in Sydney, they would be reduced to a puddle LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cara, What pretty gift tags, love the bright colours you used on Snowy's Scarf and hat. Have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cara, these are lovely will have to make some for next year as it's a bit late now though I haven't wrapped anything yet! Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Greetings Cara, what adorable tags, texture and fun little snowman.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute plus there Cara, lovely collection of tags, not something I make, not sure why but yours are very imaginative, well done.
    Every blessing of LORD at the time of year when we remember the birth of our Saviour and Lord, pray every blessing upon you you and those you love, thanks for being an encouragement, too.
    Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are just fantastic! I adore that snowman image, he is so sweet with his fuzzy hat and scarf! The colours you used are amazing, so vibrant and festive! Love the snow you added, wonderful holiday gift tags! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful tags, I really think I need that Penny Black snowman though xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x