Thursday 28 January 2016

Another birdcage!



I know, two posts in one day! Can you tell I'm trying to avoid doing some jobs in the house?!
Whilst I was tidying up my table, (it does happen occasionally) I found the bag of ready to go images that I'd coloured and cut out ready to go. I therefore decided to whip up another quick card to show you how different the birdcage can look. I used copic spica gold pen to colour in the cage so it has a little sparkle to it in real life. The rest of the images were coloured in with my copics. I found a scrap of pink card in my bits box and ran it through a couture creations Aloha embossing folder. My ever present pin dot squares were used to layer it up on a 5 inch square card and the owl is on foam tape to add a little dimension. A few pearls as I hadn't put the box away and job done!
I'm going to see if I can enter this card in Pixie's snippets playground as the pink card was from the bits box and the gold mat was cut from the original mat that I die cut for the other card, but which slipped in the die cutting machine as I forgot to tape it down!

4 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card Cara using that lovely birdcage stamp and die. That little owl is sooooo cute. Now what jobs didn't you do! hehe you sound like me. I should have washed the windows today. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well . . . now you've made a pretty card AND got your jobs done, it's Hooch O'Clock in the Playground Treehouse. Come find us - I have a couple of drinking games on the go!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always good to avoid the housework!
    Another lovely bird cage and your owl is very cute too.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card Cara - and a HUGE welcome to the Snippets Playground!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x