Monday 25 January 2016

Out of this world!



I thought today that I would share with you the card that I made for my brother in laws birthday. I used Clearly Besotted stamps and matching dies, who knew that aliens were so cute? I coloured them in with my trusty copics and added a little white gel pen to add some interest to the aliens. I made the background using creative expressions sparkle texture paste in frost dawn through a Simon says stamp falling snow stencil. I cut out the background with Simon says stamp stitched rectangle dies and used some Hunkydory Miri dazzle for the border which is even more sparkly in real life. I mounted it on a card blank and stamped the sentiment from the stamp set. 
I was very excited yesterday to discover that my toucan card had won the bird challenge at Twofers so I spent yesterday evening working out how to proudly display my badge in my sidebar. Their current challenge is "metal - heavy or not" which is open for a few more days, so I think I might have a play this afternoon with my gilding flakes, as long as I don't sneeze it should be ok! I also have to finish my ATC's for the crafty telly swap today so looks like it is going to be a messy afternoon!
Hope you all have a great day too.

5 comments:

  1. This is a fun card, love those 'cute' aliens and your space background turned out great too. Hope your crafty play this afternoon doesn't get too messy, look forward to seeing what you make.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. First Cara "Congratulations" on your win. This card is lovely and something very different. They are super cute little aliens and I like the way you've given them some sparkle. Have fun later. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cara...What a brilliant card....love all the aliens....a little boys dream...or girls!...well done on your win....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cara I love your wee monsters, a perfect card for a child.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x