Monday 3 July 2017

Monday already!

Monday and July! Where is the time going? I hope you all had a lovely weekend. I ended up at the emergency vets at 7.30pm on Saturday as my little Bramble bunny developed gut stasis, which can be fatal. Fortunately, we caught it early and with injections of strong painkillers and gut stimulants, the following morning she was boinging about and eating again. She's still on tummy and pain relief meds for a few days, but she seems back to her normal self. The vet was lovely and don't tell her boss, but only charged me the Saturday consultation rate, rather than the out of hours rate. Of course, I'd happily pay whatever was necessary, but hey, more money for crafting!
On Sunday, Hubby treated me to lunch at the local garden centre (brie, bacon and cranberry panini, yum) and they have a craft section where he bought me an 8x8 paper pad, Travel Notes by First Edition. This sheet of arrow paper in the pad was perfect to team up with one of the left over animals from the freebies from this month's Making Cards magazine. I used one of the Tattered Lace Sahara Labels dies to cut out the aperture in the paper and mounted it on some green card. I cut a fishtail banner out of the same card (although it randomly looks darker in the pic) and stamped the Paper Smooches sentiment before adding it to the card on foam tape. I also added the raccoon with foam tape and gave him googly eyes to finish. Simples!

17 comments:

  1. What a really fun card - love this cheeky raccoon and his googly eyes. Thanks for joining me on my blog and looking forward to following yours. x Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, So glad your bunny is okay,

    Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww poor Bramble, thank goodness you were off the mark quicky and she is going to be okay.
    Fab card Cara, great image and design, hugs for Bramble and you for the worry, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card Cara. The paper is super and I love the little guy's googly eyes!.
    Im glad to hear Bramble is on the mend. I was talking to a friend this afternoon who loves cats and she was telling me a horror story about the vet she visited after their move recently. Thankfully she's moved to another surgery which was recommended and is now very happy. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card Cara, great image and love the background papers, fishtail banner goes really well with the arrows.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is fabulous, Cara! I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cara
    So love this! The googly eyes are a fab addition.
    A nearby garden centre to us does brie, bacon and cranberry sauce on a jacket spud....... yum!
    Hope Bramble continues to improve. Our next door neighbour has Prince the rabbit, who broke his leg and it cost hundreds to fix but you do anything for them eh?
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about Bramble Bunny...so glad it was a happy ending. Fun card today with great paper background (that was kind of DH to buy it for you). Loving the google eyes on that fabulous raccoon. Also like the font on the sentiment, so perfect with your card x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awk, poor wee Bramble, good job you were on the ball and got her to the vets! Glad to hear she's bouncing around again!
    Beautiful card, lovin your DP - our local garden centre barely stocks plants, never mind crafty goodies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear that the vet managed to sort out Brambles. It must have been a scary time for you.

    Love the design of your card. The backing paper is really lovely, I've not seen that paper before. Your raccoon is adorable and the googly eyes are a perfect finishing touch. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cara, glad to hear your little fluff ball is recovering and bouncing around again after your unplanned trip to the vet.... a very cute racoon card, love the paper and the label you used... have a wonderful week.... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww - hope your fur baby is OK! Love the muted colour scheme on this...

    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Cara,
    what a very wonderul card and such a great design.
    Love that paper and the cute image.
    So sorry to hear about one of your bunnies.
    I do hope it continues to make a good recovery.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, cute little raccoon AND, I have to say, how brilliant that you enjoyed lunch (which sounds delicious) and found some lovely patterned paper as well!

    Sorry to hear Bramble bunny hasn't been well, but great to hear he's on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hubby is on a roll, I bet the lunch and the gorgeous new papers helped ease the worry about Bramble. I really love your card, it's super cute, the background paper needs to be in my stash too. I am heading home in Aug, you know I am off to the Range for a mega shop! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute card, love the raccoon and the designer paper is just gorgeous. I really must try to use up my old stash a bit more often! Poor bunny, hope he/she is okay now, sounds awfully painful and I know from experience it's dreadfully worrying as the owner/surrogate mum, I still miss my Eddy a lot and it's only recently that I've been able to say or write his name without bursting into tears, have a lovely weekend sweetie Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a cute card!
    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x