Saturday 15 July 2017

The Flower Challenge #10 reminder


We're halfway through our current embossing challenge over at The Flower Challenge and so my teamies and I have created some more inspiration for you.
I used up the leftovers from my original card to make my reminder card. I had some of the card that I'd embossed with the Quilted Flower embossing folder left and so I used this on my 8x8 card, but flipped it over this time so that the debossed side was showing. I used some of the same card that hadn't been embossed above it and added a strip of red card to cover the join.
I still had some of the Stampendous Pretty Poppy flowers and leaves that I'd painted left over and so I arranged these on the card. I added some gunmetal stickles to the centres of the flowers to add some texture. I used an Elizabeth Craft die to cut the sentiment in black and red and then layered them up to give a shadow. Simples really. Don't forget to make flowers the focal point of your image and if you can add our cue card to your post that would great.

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I adore those gorgeous Poppies. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning card Cara, those poppies are so beautiful I cant stop looking at them,
    Hugs, Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flowers in a fabulous colour, Beautiful card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cara
    Wow, those poppies pack a punch. Stunning card that looks like it has such depth.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cara, the poppies look great and love how you've arranged them. I wouldn't get too excited about the grapes as I don't think they will be very big but it's nice to get then anyway. I have a fig tree and it grows leaves like a mad thing but no figs yet but it may be to do with where it's planted but I still like it. Have a great weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Cara, love those flowers and the embossed folder or the negative side you used as its just as beautiful as the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh gorgeous poppies Cara! LOVE their sparkly centres :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is gorgeous Cara. Those poppies are beautiful. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous Cara, beautifully designed and coloured you can't beat poppies, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous card Cara...love the red poppies, I have pink ones in my garden and they are gone all too soon
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh gorgeous and a clever idea to use the debossed side for the background. Love those poppies as well - so rich and colourful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is stunning! Your flowers are so lush and vibrant, and the fresh green foliage really makes the flowers pop against the neutral background. What a great use of your leftover bits! Love the embossing pattern you chose, interesting but subtle and doesn't steal focus from the amazing florals! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh Cara, this is really gorgeous, love the poppies they really do have pop, ... sorry no pun meant, mine are usually accidental.. so very well done!!
    Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty Cara, I love your colourful poppies, great card design too ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x