So, this is the rescued version of my original card for the Sweet Stampin' challenge. It is more centred top and bottom than it looks in the picture, honest!I used this fun X-cut shadow die fairground set to create my card. Originally, the top layer was the coral pink that is in the middle of my alternative card, but that was where the worst of the paper damage was.
To rescue the card, I trimmed off the card blank to leave me with the die cut image. I got my craft knife under the sentiment die (a waffle flower one I think) and scrapped it off the card to make it as flat as possible. I recut the top layer in peach card and glued it over the damage coral layer. I'd had to slightly trim the image panel when I rescued it, but cut the new piece to the original size as the edge of the panel had gone a bit wonky with the trimming. This left me with a slight overhang, so I used some foam tape snipped into slivers to support it before gluing it onto a new card base. I recut the sentiment and layered it up twice to give it some strength before adding to the card. No idea how I magic to get a curve on it as it is a straightish die, but hey ho!
The only downside of all this rescuing was that I ended up with a really thick image panel. It was already thick with 5 layers of card, but I think it ended up with about 7 as you can see! Definitely a card to hand deliver.