Saturday 22 July 2017

Sweet Stampin' - Cake!

Saturday already, where is the time going? I'm sure the universe has speeded up! To console us, we have a yummy theme at Sweet Stampin' this week, CAKE! Definitely worth shouting about.
My mojo had gone walkabouts this week (it may have decided to follow the bunny to see if there's a chance of eating that cake), so I made a very simple card with this gorgeous stamp from Lili of the Valley. I brushed water on my Tim Holtz watercolour card cut down yo make a square, and then watercoloured in the sky using by zig clean colour pens scribbled on my glass mat to make a wash. I dried the panel off with my heat tool and then stamped the image in versafine using my MISTI. I then coloured in the image using my zig clean colour pens and paintbrush. I when finished I added the Clearly Besotted sentiment using my MISTI to get a good impression.
I decided to doodle a border, but forgot that the watercolour card slurps up the ink and so my lines ended up thicker than I wanted. Should have used my other pen, oh well, I'll leave it for a day or two and may amputate the border and remount it if it still annoys me. I added a matching border on a 6x6 card base to match. Simples! 
I'm looking forward to seeing all your yummy creations this week, just remember that you need to stamp on your project for it to be considered for our top three. Right, off in search of cake now, did anyone see where that bunny went?

27 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree with you Cara that time is speeding up, I just can't believe how fast the weeks are whizzing by. You card is very apt for me today as I'm going to my Granddaughter's third birthday party, so I'm sure they'll be lots of cake! Your card is so sweet and I love the image of that bunny pulling the cake. Hope you find you mojo. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card Cara. The bunny is so cute, looks fabulous watercoloured...I love the doodled border!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, didn't see where the Bunny went cos my eyes were peeled on that sumptuous cake.!! This is a gorgeous card and I love the borders. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So love that cute bunny pulling that yummy cake x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card again Cara and aww what a sweet little bunny too, I love it ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card Cara (and that includes the doodling which looks fab).

    I don't know where the bunny went but he didn't pass by me as there's no cake here :0(

    Hope you're feeling better soon.

    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your gorgeous card Cara, lovely image and colours, the doodled frame is super, really effective, I think the bunny is gone with the time thief, enjoy your weekend, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sky and grass against the gorgeous image, great doodling too, really lovely card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, love how it's colored and layered!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Cara, this sweet image will surely put a smile on the recipients face! Adorable scene :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cara, a super cute card and image, love the background you created for the bunny and the cake looks delicious.... Thank you for the comments you left me this week... have a wonderful weekend... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crumbs! Is this the sort of card you make when you have lost your mojo? It is fabulous and love the colouring and framing techniques you have used. x Anne

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely card Cara. The image is super cute and I really like the framing lines you've drawn. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cara,
    what a wonderful card and such a pretty stamped image.
    Love your wonderful sky and grass you have created.
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! that cake looks really yummy.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a sweet card Cara. I love the watercolour look and I think you doodling is great!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable! I just love cake too.... love that border round the outside. Nice to do a bit of freehand now and again. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your coloring is always so sensational, Cara! This is darling, including the doodled lines, which I like!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute Cara. Love the doodled boarder and that sweet image. A really gorgeous CAS card hun, your colouring is fabulous! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just an adorable card design Cara and sweet image.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Cara
    Exceptionally cute card. Bunnies and cake, whooda thought lol!
    Lovely colouring job too.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card, Cara, I love the beautifully coloured cute image and the doodling. I wish I could make cards like this when my mojo has gone AWOL! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nearly missed this little beauty. Great card. Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  23. so sweet! love how your doodled border pulls it all together.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very very cute bunny! And your doodled border really sets it off x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Soooo sweet! Love your colouring and your borders look great to me!

    ReplyDelete
  26. A cake so big it has to be dragged = gimme. Your colouring is so good here, love the soft tones. Leave the border alone!! I love it. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x