Tuesday 4 July 2017

The Flower Challenge - Embossing


It's time for our next challenge over at The Flower Challenge and this month we want to see embossing along with your flowers. You can use dry embossing with embossing folders etc or heat embossing or both!
I used the Stampendous Pretty Poppy stamp set to stamp various blooms, leaves and stems on white card from my stash. I'd like to say that I watercoloured them using my gansai tambi paints, but in reality I just slapped paint on! Nothing technical. I felt that the vase in the set was too small and so I used another Stampendous set and used the vase out of that (no idea what the set is called but it has roses, hydrangeas and daisies along with two different vases). I them fussy cut all the elements and worked out an arrangement.
I embossed a piece of grey slightly shimmery card with the Creative Expressions A4 Quilted Flower embossing folder. I trimmed it to fit a 5x7 card blank and added black and red mats behind it. I glued it all into place and ten added gunmetal stickles to the centre of the poppies, patting it with my finger to spread it out and giving it texture. I added glossy accents to the vase and once dry added a second layer and added glamour dust up to the water line in the vase to give the idea of water in the vase.
I hope you all enjoy playing along with us this month, we can't wait to see your creations.

21 comments:

  1. Wow Cara, what a stunning flower design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cara,
    oh how gorgeous is this wonderful card, and your colouring of those gorgeous stamped poppies is perfect.
    Love the wonderful design also.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning poppies Cara, a fabulous card!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cara, these are just stunning flowers! It made me happy to hear you use Stickles too, they are so under-rated and just add that extra sparkle. Have a great week and big hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Cara, what a stunning image and a really fabulous card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning card Cara, love the texture you have given the poppy centres it really works :)
    Hugs, Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...your card jumped right off the page..Absolutely stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, Cara, what amazing poppies! I love how you've created the 'water', really effective. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I'm a great Poppy fan and these are absolutely outstanding Cara. Your stamping is superb and if that's how they look when you slap the paint on, I wouldn't bother with any more delicate water colouring from now on, they're stunning. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card with so much attention to detail. If that is really just 'slapping on paint' on your flowers I must try it too!!
    x Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Cara what a beautiful card, I just love poppies and these are marvellous, beautifully designed and colours, thanks for the inspiration, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cara, this Poppies are beautiful, such intense coloring and beautiful design. I love your "slapping the color technique", you did an amazing job on your flowers.
    Fantastic fussy cutting and arranging of this lovely blooms on your vase.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love poppies and yours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful bouquet of poppies and I love the added shimmer and shine from the stickles in the centres. The vase is just perfect - I love all that added texture, and with the embossed background it just feels very alive. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG what a week babe!! Hope you are feeling better a week after your procedure. I LOVE this, the Poppies are simply stunning, but it's the embossing folder I want to get my greedy fingers on ;) I love it, especially the neutral colour you chose to emboss it in. Perfect foil for your bright Poppies. Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh boy I feel a Stampendous spending spree soon! Cara this is stunning, absolutely stunning! You have coloured the flowers beautifully, the water in the jar is fantastically realistic too and I love the whole card lol! Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous colour, gorgeous flowers make for a beautifully done card Cara!
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a glorious vase of poppies. Absolutely beautiful card.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty Cara, just love your bright poppies and glittery vase. Great embossing too of course ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love big flower stamps from Stampendous! Those poppy stamp set is on my wish list for a while! I think now it's time for me to get them! The poppy bouquet looks amazing! The shading is beautiful, Cara!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Cara
    Your poppies look magnificent (hope that doesn't sound rude lol!).
    Stunning card.
    Have a good week.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x