Monday 10 April 2017

Birthday Bunnies


I've not managed to escape over to Pixie's Snippets Playground for absolutely ages, but as I managed to tip over the box that contained the trimmings from making the wedding album for my parents golden wedding last year all over the floor, I figured it was time to pay a visit.
I started off by stamping some bunnies from the Dreammes Binky & Bo set on some of the patterned paper off cuts in versafine and then fussy cutting them out and adding a little pink marker to their cheeks and ears. I was messing about with some shaving foam and distress reinkers the other day and so trimmed a bit of one of those papers down with Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangles. Using some leftover gold mirri card I die cut a frame and the memory box  jumbled happy birthday and added them all to a 6x6 card blank.
I added the bunnies with some foam tape and put some Woodware Fluffy Stuff on their tails. As you have to heat emboss this to activate it, it warped the card slightly, so I'd probably do that step before adding them to the card in future. I also discovered that if you put the card under a pile of books to get rid of the warp, it flattens the fluffy stuff. You can then reheat and puff it, but it tends to overheat and discolour slightly. Can you tell this was the first time I'd used it?  
I spent aggggges looking for my little set of All Occasions 3 butterfly dies. I still haven't found them, but I did find a set of butterfly dies that were free with a magazine recently and so managed to add the large butterfly from a scrap of pink card. I also found my Memory Box Dancing Butterflies die that I hadn't seen for ages and added the tiny butterflies to the card. Some glittery gold gems from Papermania for their bodies and job done!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Cara! Oh how lovely to see you in the Playground after a while. I love this card - so cute! And I did giggle at your mishaps - and I've overheated that fluffy stuff before now, looked like singed meringue and I had to pick it off the card.

    Come back soon - and remember to say if you want to play for the prize - all or part, the chice is yours!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Cara, love those little bunnies, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cara . . . What a lovely card with the cute bunnies on it.

    I've got some hot cross buns being toasted behind the Playground bike sheds if you're interested! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cara, bunnies naturally! Loving the card. Thanks for the visit to mine too. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Cara, those little bunnies look so cute, love the gold die cuts too. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really pretty card Carol. Those bunnies are so cute and I love the background you made. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable snippets card, Cara! I don't think bunnies get any cuter than this! And I'm glad you found those butterflies as they are a lovely addition!! Happy Easter!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings Cara, love the gold lettering, frame and super cute bunnies.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Cara! Happy Easter. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Cara - I love the gold frame and the bunnies are very cute. I use something similar to fluffy stuff and I tell you it totally is trial and error! I'm glad that we are both back on our feet again and able to enjoy this long weekend..I didn't think I would recover in time to be here for Easter. Have a great one. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Cara - I love the gold frame and the bunnies are very cute. I use something similar to fluffy stuff and I tell you it totally is trial and error! I'm glad that we are both back on our feet again and able to enjoy this long weekend..I didn't think I would recover in time to be here for Easter. Have a great one. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x