Saturday 15 April 2017

Sweet Stampin' - Paper piecing.



Happy Easter weekend. Hopefully the extended weekend in the UK will give you all some extra time to craft, when you haven't got chocolate covered fingers that is! It's time for a new challenge over at Sweet Stampin' and this week we want to see your paper piecing creations.
I decided to make life easier for myself, by using the XL Gorjuss Hush Little Bunny stamp set! I repeat stamped her on papers from the Santoro Gorjuss 8x8 paper pack and a sheet of peachy coloured paper and cut out her various parts. 
I prepped my 8x8 base card with a sheet of paper from the same paper pack as a background. I die cut the second largest frame from the Tonic ribbon and bow layering die set from a dark green/grey sheet from a papermania A4 card pack - love these as every sheet is different in a rainbow of colour and they stay crisp in the package/storage they come in. I offset this slightly in the card base. I stamped the girl on a lighter shade of card and then die cut her out using the third largest solid die of the die set, this amputated her head and feet, but that didn't matter. I stuck this on the frame and then paper pieced her together. I cheated and coloured in the details on her dressand tights, her shoes and the stripes on the bunny with my copic markers as they were just too fiddly to cut out! It bugged me that the gorjuss word at the side of her leg had been cut off and so I finished it with a fine liner pen on the frame, although I was a bit heavy handed.
I cut a honeydoo crafts foliage flourish die out of the same pale green/grey and added it to the side of the card. I didn't have the right coloured paper flowers in my stash and so I spritzed some white flowers with a couple of drops of dusty concord distress reinker and a little water to dye them and then let them air dry before adding them to the card. I have to confess that I originally added some smaller flowers as well to the card, but then changed my mind. In order to hide the torn paper where I pulled them off, I die cut the leaf from the Heartfelt Creations in the darker card several times and hid the tears  under them! I added three drops of wisteria Nuvo drops and a little faux stitching to finish.
I'm looking forward to seeing your stamping paper piecing creations x

1 comment:

  1. Aww . . . this one is ADORABLE. Love the Gorjuss Girl images.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x