Saturday 29 April 2017

Sweet Stampin' - humour

This week at Sweet Stampin' we want you to make us smile as our theme is humour. My fab teamies have come up with some amazing cards that are sure to inspire a laugh.
I used the elephant from the Katzelkraft Les Jungles set, stamped him in memento and coloured him with my copics (being sure to add a blush to his cheeks) and then fussy cut him out.
I made his background on some white card that I had misted with water and then added cosmic shimmer pixie powders through a cloud stencil from Claritystamp. Hopefully the second pic shows some more of the shimmer from the pixie powders. Once dry I die cut a Tattered Lace Decorative Circle, overhanging the die on the edge of the paper as I didn't want a full circle. I added some faux stitching round the edge then attached it to a 6x6 card with glue. I added the elephant with foam tape, before stamping the sentiment.
There's a little story behind the sentiment stamp I used on this card. I was rather taken by a stamp from Whipper Snapper, that I saw on Lynne in NI's blog recently and so I ended up on the Whipper Snapper website. The Picked Texas Wildflowers stamp and a couple of others, including the fun sentiment I added to this card fell into my basket. Very impressed with the speedy delivery, it was with me in less than a week! I said it was a short story, I didn't say it was interesting!
Hope you all have a great weekend and don't forget to include some stamping if you join in our humorous challenge.

13 comments:

  1. Oh dear, sorry about that Cara ;) Their website is fab isn't it (might have to pop over for a quick look myself heee)
    LOVE this card, your cloudy background is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cara, a great card love the sentiment, shame I feel the need to do that on occasions lol. Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue background. This card is definitely funny. That elephant is cute. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really made me smile, not only the image but the sentiment, a fabulous card, gorgeous background too.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cara
    Don't know about smiling, it made me laugh lol!
    Your pixie background looks amazing and you can certainly see the sheen.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sentiment is perfect for the ellie image. Great background too. A card to make anyone smile xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Cara, this is a fab card!! Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card made me laugh out loud. CAS perfection, fabulous background and the perfect elephant stamp and sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww just fabulous Cara, I love the image and your design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, I love the beautiful sky you created and that sentiment is perfect. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic...and love the cloud effect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cara, this is brilliant and so so funny! I love the sentiment and that darling image, is brilliant. What a beautiful inky sky scene you created too! Love it! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x