Thursday 13 April 2017

Today's Mighty Oak


I'd been intending to make a card with this sentiment for a friend for ages, but never actually got round to it. I just loved this sentiment and knew it would make my friend smile as she has battled with severe mental health problems for years, but I couldn't quite decide how to make it. Finally, Mr Mojo had an idea! Shock, gasp, horror! It turned out to be a one layer card too. Double shock, gasp and horror!
I stamped the tree and sentiment from Hobby Arts Oak Tree stamp set on a 6x6 card blank in Versafine. I added a couple of bunnies from the Card-io Cottontail capers set as my friend loves bunnies, although now I look at it, I think one of the bunnies has been on the sherry! 
I then tapped my shaded lilac distress ink on an acrylic block and spritzed it from a distance with water before smooshing the block down over my tree. I then repeated the process with tumbled glass distress ink. I blended the colour together with a couple of strokes of a water brush, leaving some of the splats at the edges.
I picked up some bundled sage distress ink on my water brush and added some colour to the canopy of the tree and created a bit of grass under the tree for the bunnies to sit on. Simples.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card Cara those bunnies set off the card just right x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sentiment and image and love all the white space and the two little bunnies.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x