Thursday 27 April 2017

Happily Ever After


Over at Crafty Cardmakers, they want to see pearls and/or gems. As I needed to rustle up a quick wedding card, I thought this may be the challenge for me!
This card really didn't photograph well. It does look better in reality honest! I used a lovely textured linen card for the front and die cut the X-cut happily ever after die out of it. I trimmed down the A5 linen card slightly so that I could mount it on a layer of silver mirri on an A5 card blank. The die set also included to words as a seperate die so I cut this and mounted it on top of the original words to add extra dimension and then added glamour dust to the heart. 
I die cut Sue Wilson's wedding couple out of the same linen card and taped the back of the die cut to keep all the pieces in. I added glamour dust to her skirt and veil and his shirt with a quickie glue pen. I added the couple to the card with foam tape and then added some gems in a few different sizes to finish the card. Hopefully, the following photo shows you some of the dimension.

14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful intricate die. Loving the dimension and the limited colour palette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Cara, what a gorgeous design and love the linen and silver colors.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning Cara, beautifully designed, mirri always makes it difficult to get a good photo, but you've managed it really well, gorgeous dies, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a gorgeous card, it would be the one I'd pick to send! I love the cut out bits with the silver behind.. I apologise for my lack of papercrafting terminology 😊
    Hugs, LLJ xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cara,
    a tip my DH gave me on photoing white cards is to put black behind it, and then it stands out better.
    Hope that helps for next time.
    I also use two daylight lamps to lighten my photo taking and never use a flash.
    Your card is stunning and very beautiful.
    Love the wonderful design.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really gorgeous Wedding card, love the die and the silver mirri card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like a white and silver combination Cara, the recipients of your card will will/or have loved this

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers

    June/DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautfiul wedding card. Love the silver and white and the pretty diecut sentiment area.

    Thanks for sharing with us.

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card, really elegant xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautifully elegant card!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh what a beautiful wedding card Cara! LOVE your fab sentiment die, I'm sure all that silver looks fantastic in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW - this is so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x