Tuesday 23 May 2017

A strange day...

I planned to post about the great weekend I had with the InkBuds; Hels Sheriden and Pauline Wheeler in Preston, but awoke to the terrible news of the terrorist attack in Manchester last night. Just unthinkable. I have to focus on the positives, how quickly the community pulled together to support those affected. My local supermarket had set up a table as you enter the store with a vase of lilies and a collection bucket for those killed or injured and it was filing up quickly. Of course my thoughts remain with those affected by this, but things must carry on to prove that terrorism will not win.
This is the altered sketch book that we made on Sunday, being black it's a swine to photograph. Hopefully the close ups show more of the detail. It's slightly larger than A4. Pauline gave us all our initials to add to the book, but also had lots of spare letters incase anyone wanted to make it for someone else, or add a word instead. We used treasure gold gilding wax to highlight the texture and embelishments. Although we had a sample to follow we could choose our own layout and embelishments. Pauline had a bag of wooden embelishments for us to rummage through (trust me to find a bunny in them!) and we also had lots of bits in our kit to play with - these are all the bits I had left over to play with later...
I'll be back tomorrow with the other project we made. Take care x

12 comments:

  1. Great journal page, and like you my thoughts are with those in Manchester and beyond. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a sad day without doubt. However, your sketchbook cover is gorgeous and I bet you had a great time. Look forward to popping back to see what else you made. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful journal.
    I sat and watched all the news about Manchester yesterday.............so very sad......and so scary!
    Many prayers said for all while watching.
    Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cara,
    oh my word this is so gorgeous and wonderfully created.
    It looks outstanding and wonderfully crafted.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This would have been totally and utterly out of my comfort zone but what a great job you have made, this looks really fabulous.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely. You did a great job.

    Why in the world do people do these evil things? These were kids/teens and parents. It's just sickening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cara
    There are some evil folk in this world but sadly, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

    Love your notebook. I have a smaller one to cover that I've been mulling over and think I have some of those corner thingys(very technical me lol!) lurking in a drawer. Thank you for the inspiration.
    How appropriate you found a bunny. The flowers are fab too.
    Can you tell, I love it lol?
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cara, such a terrible thing that happened in Manchester to kids too. It makes me so angry and sad. I love your notebook, I want to feel the texture. Of course you found a bunny. Also I was glad that you liked the same two cards from the Avery Elle set that I did. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cara the texture on your project is so amazing...lovely
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous creation! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW that looks soooo complex! You were MEANT to find that bunny in the embellishment box!

    Simply unable to understand about the Manchester attack. It is beyond me, but I will NOT allow them to make me bitter.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing book, the photos show it up perfectly. And all those bits left over to play with. Of course the bunny was the perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x