Tuesday 9 May 2017

Unsupervised...

Over at Naughty or Nice, they want us to share a smile, so hopefully this card will raise one! I had to have a play with this new stamp, PapertArtsy JOFY mini 53, that I purchased at Happy Stampers.
I stamped her in versafine and coloured her in with my zig clean colours, before cutting her out and adding glossy accents to her eyes.
I also decided to have a first play with my distress oxides, broken china and wilted violet. I pressed them down on my glass mat ( I hadn't realised that they were creamy like a pigment ink), spritzed them with water and then smooshed on a piece of Tim Holtz watercolour card (as that was the first card to hand!). I dried the card with my heat tool and then shook some droplets of water on, left it a few seconds and dried it with my heat tool again. I repeated the process a couple of times until I was happy with the result. Love how it dries with a chalky type finish.
I stamped a sentiment from Whipper Snapper on a piece of white card as I felt the black text would be lost in the inky background. I cut it out at a "jaunty" angle and drew a border round it. I chose the sentiment as the background made me think of a child being left alone in a room with art supplies and drawing and painting in the wallpaper and creating a colourful mess! 
As I'd cut the sentiment at an angle, I trimmed down the panel with a pair of scissors to echo the unevenness and stuck it at an angle on a 5x7 card ( I know, not square! Although, I had to trim down an 8x8 card to make it). I glued the sentiment onto the card and then added the girl with foam tape. I then drew the borders with a fineliner pen to finish. 
I think I ought to give this card to my Hubby the next time he looks at my growing mound of craft supplies!

17 comments:

  1. This is great fun, Cara, and certainly made me smile! I haven't purchased any Distress Oxides as yet, but hadn't realised that they have a 'creamy' texture - how intriguing! Thanks so much for playing with us at Naughty or Nice, it's great to have you (and your super-cute card) with us this month, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe awesome! Love that background!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cara,
    what a great card, and that background you have created is awesome.
    I want those inks but they are sold out everywhere that they are the cheapest and I won't pay over the odds for them no matter how much I want them.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cara
    Hilarious card that made me think of Darnell when I saw it as its just her humour lol!
    Love the background.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cracks me up. The sentiment is so funny. Beautiful background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are bringing in the NBUS fast and furious, Cara, but you are a good girl to be using things just as quickly! That's the secret to keep it from becoming a NBUS mountain! Of course, you may still have mountains of BUS, but that's another story!! This is a fun and really cool card! I'm filing it for reference when I finally get a chance to tackle my NBUS Oxides - thank you! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I just saw Ang's comment! True that!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. The zany stamp is perfect for the shopping trip you described. i need a similar card for the papercraft stores 4 garage sales this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your card and those Oxides. Have you tried them on black card, brilliant! Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x16x

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! You sneaked in and photographed me before I had time to put me glasses on and brush me hair!!
    That is a wonderful stamp and I love how you have used him here Cara, your background is wonderful too, I'm in love with the Distress Oxides myself and waiting for the rest of my order, itchy fingers right now because of them, I am trying although not as hard as I should not to purchase any new stash until I open the stamps I have that I've not used yet, you are not alone sweetie Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It made me smile Cara! Happy weekend. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this! Fab background too. AND I love the doodled border. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a fun card Cara, I love the PaperArtsy stamp. It took me a while to fall in love with the Oxide inks..but I am totally feeling them now and the backgrounds you can create with them are awesome - like yours, which I love. Love the doodled borders. The sentiment reminds me of my buddy JT and our playdates when I lived in London and we would be making stuff without Adult Supervision (aka Hubbies)...Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marvelous background and such a fun card and sneitment...Totally relate to it x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card definitely makes me smile! Love the image, and I really do need to own that sentiment. :P Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at NON, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhhh I LOVE this Cara! Your little girl is a cutie and what a fab job you did with your oxide, it looks amazing! Thanks for linking in with Naughty or Nice :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x